Infosys is seeking SQL Database Administrator in Long Beach CA. In this position, candidate would be responsible for all of the daily maintenance, monitoring, performance analysis, trouble shooting, problem resolution,backups, and user assistance required of databases in a high availability environment. Specifically, the area of user assistance will involve providing guidance, best practices, and assistance in any area of the entire application infrastructure associated with or to the databases managed
Wanted: Global navigators, to guide the world's largest enterprises' digital transformations
In the role of Technology Analyst, you will be a technology professional adding value to a gamut of Software Development lifecycle stages. You will create detailed design artifacts like program specifications, test plans; and independently develop and review code and contribute to the go-live plan. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create innovative high quality and defect-free solutions to meet our clients' business needs. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued
Location for this position is Long Beach, CA. This position may require 10% travel
U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
* Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education.
* At least 2 years of experience with IT skills
* Atleast 1 year of experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools is essential
* Performing backups and restores is a PLUS
* Setup High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
* Implement operational automation using scripts is a PLUS.
* Work on indexes, index management, and statistics.
* Working knowledge of SQL Server tools
* Knowledge on working on issues related to performance tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
* Analytical and Communication skills
* Planning and Co-ordination skills
* Experience with project management
* Experience and desire to work in a management consulting environment that requires regular travel
The job entails sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods of time. Should be able to communicate by telephone, email or face to face. Travel may be required as per the job requirements.
Infosys is a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions. We enable clients, in more than 30 countries, to stay a step ahead of emerging business trends and outperform the competition. We help them transform and thrive in a changing world by co-creating breakthrough solutions that combine strategic insights and execution excellence.
EOE/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin