Technician, Ntwk Ops Ctr (Alternate Coverage Solutions)
This position can be based in Frisco, TX or Snoqualmie, WA.
Provides remote network surveillance and Tier1/Tier1.5 trouble shooting to DAS (Distributed Antenna Systems), and Indoor/Outdoor Small Cell Solutions. Tests, locates and repairs simple to complex equipment problems. Performs basic configuration and fault management for wide array of platforms in the network including but not limited to, BSC (Base Station Controller), RNC (Radio Network Controller), LTE (Long Term Evolution), Ericsson/Nokia pico, micro, and macro solutions, and an assortment of adjunct and peripheral systems, and transport.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comQualifications
* 3+ years experience in a technical role.
* Intermediate level Knowledge of telecommunications networks and. Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
* Good skills in Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
* Good communications skills.
* This position operates in a 24x7x365 environment. Shift work and the ability to participate in an on-call rotation are required.
* Experience working with Distributed Antenna Systems AND/OR Indoor & Outdoor Pico/Micro Small Cell Solutions
* Experience with other micro / macro vendors Ericsson/Nokia/Alcatel
* Experience with Cisco equipment
* Experience with ALU 7750 and 7705 routers
* Unix/Linux command knowledge
* Intermediate level Understanding of TCP/IP concepts..
* Cisco certification is a plus
* Nokia MRP certification is a plus
* High School Diploma
* In lieu of the experience requirement a Bachelor's degree, or Associates degree + 1 year of experience may be considered.
Employer is not currently sponsoring work visas for this position.
This position requires mobility (standing, walking, climbing, etc.); the ability to get from one place to another. This position requires bending, turning, twisting of your neck or at the waist. This position requires balancing and maintaining equilibrium.Essential Functions
* Works as part of a cross-functional team to conduct routine remote surveillance and tier 1 maintenance activities for all network nodes in his/her area of responsibility. Provides support to other technicians and engineers. Performs fault isolation tests related to transport trouble. Monitors network alarms, and performs fault isolation testing on radio and switching networks and peripherals, Creates and responds to work orders and trouble tickets by either conducting restoration efforts or dispatching the appropriate technician for resolution. Escalates trouble tickets with third party vendors such as power and telco companies, as well as second tier organizations within T-Mobile.
* Operations Support: Answers inbound telephone calls from a wide variety of client organizations and external groups and performs the necessary support required by the caller. Provides support during large scale outages and disaster recovery efforts.
* Enrolls in and completes training requirements to stay current on existing and new systems and products, to grow skills, and to maintain proficiency on company values and organizational requirements. Identifies, researches, and develops process improvements and recommends them to management for implementation.
* Works with more senior-level technicians to gain working knowledge of how to complete more complex troubleshooting and repair functions. Uses resource documentation for reference and troubleshooting network problems.
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.