At Lockheed Martin Rotary & Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Will perform duties as an AEGIS Computer Network Technician (ACNT) providing Computer and Display Systems maintenance support aboard AEGIS Destroyers and AEGIS Cruisers as a Team Member on the AEGIS Modernization Team (AMT) - West based in San Diego, CA. Selected applicant will directly interface with Government, Ship Repair, Various Contractor Organizations, and ships company to provide effective and timely reconciliation of hardware, software, and network challenges and provide training to ships force on the operation and maintenance of new baseline Aegis
Position requires shift work, brief at-sea periods and periodic travel supporting assessments, fleet emergent requirements and equipment installation events and issues.
The position will require working flex hours, overtime and on occasion weekends and holidays. Travel may be temporary or extended duty travel to Moorestown NJ, Bath ME, Pascagoula MS, Norfolk VA, Mayport FL, Pearl Harbor HI, Everett WA, and Yokosuka Japan.
* UNIX-based open architecture experience and its application to the U.S. NAVY Aegis Computing Infrastructure (ACI).
* Experience with testing of fiber optics cables
* Working knowledge of Ethernet LAN technology
* Thorough understanding of US Navy preventive and corrective maintenance and proficiency in reading technical documents.
* Familiarity with hardware, software, network test equipment used to evaluate and correct operational failures (i.e. fiber optic testers, multimeter's, o-scopes)
* Experience in AEGIS Combat Systems as an AEGIS Computer / Display / ACNT technician with a thorough understanding of Baseline 6.3, 7.1, 7.1R, ACB08, and/or BL9; and/or applicable training in other military services.
* Travel may be required up to 50 percent of the time.
* Must be in physical condition to support embarkation on U.S. Navy ship
underway for short periods.
* Must be able to obtain & maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.