Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is looking for an experienced Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that enhances our internal developer experience and contributes to the overall success of our products. Most importantly, you should specialize in developer-focused documentation and other highly technical deliverables. You will closely collaborate closely with engineers, product managers, and usability experts to create documentation and products that make developers more productive at Twitch. The ideal candidate has excellent communications skills and a passion for improving user experiences through intuitive products and robust documentation.
* Drive documentation planning with engineering teams
* Foster a documentation-minded culture among engineering teams and provide technical edits and direction to contributors
* Work as part of a team to produce conceptual, how-to, and API reference documentation for Twitch products
* Organize and audit the documentation library to keep information relevant over time
* Help promote company-wide knowledge sharing practices
* Identify gaps in documentation and work with engineering teams to resolve them
* 3+ years of experience as a technical writer or information developer
* 2+ years experience writing developer documentation
* Experience with the software development life cycle and Agile processes
* Good foundation in programming, API design, and software architecture
* Experience with source control and bug-tracking systems
* Experience using multiple documentation tools to write, format, manage, and publish high-quality content
* Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
* Ability to read and understand code samples in a variety of languages
* Degree in English, Technical Writing, Computer Science, or a related field highly desirable
* Comfortable using the Mac Terminal
* UX writing and research experience
* Experience working with static site generators like Jekyll
* Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
* Maternity & Parental Leave
* Flexible PTO
* Commuter Benefits
* Amazon Employee Discount
* Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
* Breakfast & Lunch Served Daily
* Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Twitch is a social video platform and community for gamers, video game culture and the creative arts.