343 Industries is looking for a Technical UX Designer to join our team on the next Halo shooter experience. As a Technical UX Designer, you create user interface systems for menus, navigation, player customization, and the HUD. Working with teams across the studio to create a wide variety of features from spec to screen, the Technical UX Designer takes ideas and makes them real and accessible.
* 2+ years of experience as a UX designer/developer for games or consumer-facing services
* An online portfolio of shipped, interactive features
* Highly proficient in object-oriented programming languages (C#, LUA, etc.)
* Ability to pick up complex tools and experience with gaming industry tools and pipelines
* Deep understanding of user interface design and usability principles
* Talent for identifying and solving complex usability issues
* Exceptional cross-discipline communication and presentation skills
* Passion for games and all types of gamers
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Designer takes ideas and makes them real and accessible.
* Create feature specs, flows, and wireframes to define the user experience
* Collaborate with Designers, Producers, Engineers, and Artists to create in-engine prototypes
* Implement, iterate, and polish final on-screen experiences
* Drive open communication across disciplines
* Represent users of all types by creating experiences that are accessible to everyone
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.