Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
The Technical Trainer position requires outstanding communication skills and extensive team and end-user interaction. Maintaining positive relationships with the Firm's end user community and providing innovative technology training for attorneys and support staff while observing confidentiality of personnel and Firm matters at all times are key to this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Deliver Information Technology training in a manner appropriate for the content and audience, which may include one-on-one training sessions, coaching, classroom training, e-learning, multimedia, floor support and print and electronic documentation.
* Develop creative training courseware, including course outlines, exercises, instructional materials and self-guided learning tools covering topics related to the Firm's software, hardware and mobile devices.
* Collaborate with the Manager of IT Training, IT Training staff, IT management and staff and the Firm's administrative team managers to develop training strategies and initiatives to meet the specific needs of the Firm's end-user community.
* Design, write and maintain print and electronic documentation, including user guides, quick reference cards and tips.
* Write and update content for the Firm's intranet, including daily tips and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
* Provides proactive support and software trouble-shooting to the Firm's end user community.
* Provide advanced-level support to Help Desk staff on complex end-user applications including but not limited to Microsoft Office, InterAction, iManage DeskSite, Adobe Acrobat, mobile applications and others.
* Evaluate and test new software.
* Maintain clean and orderly office conditions and ensure that adequate supplies, including training materials are available.
* These and other duties as assigned are performed under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* Excellent teaching, training and presentation skills and demonstrated verbal communication skills.
* A team player with strong customer service orientation and commitment to excellence.
* Excellent writing skills with demonstrable portfolio of technical documentation.
* Attention to detail in writing, speaking and presenting content.
* Expert knowledge of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2016; document management systems, document comparison software, Adobe Acrobat, template and macro packages and other legal-specific applications.
* Demonstrable creative approaches to learning and development strategies.
* Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of Firm personnel.
* Thorough knowledge of Mac and iOS platforms and devices with the ability to teach and support usage in an enterprise environment.
* Experience with learning management systems (LMS).
* Ability to work over 40 hours per week when required. Position may require conducting training on nights, weekends or holidays.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Visio, remote access technologies, SharePoint and other law firm specific applications.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and time-sensitive work in a fast paced and demanding professional environment while continuing to fulfill essential duties.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree is required.
* Minimum three to five years' experience training technology-related content in a professional services organization.
* Law Firm experience preferred.
Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
About Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz provides legal consultancy and related services.