CGI Federal is seeking a Technical Systems Analyst/ DevOps Specialist to provide technical and analytical support as part of our project team located at the Department of State in Arlington, VA or Fairfax, VA. Ideal candidates will possess strong technical skills/aptitude and will have experience with technical support of complex software systems. It is expected that the analyst/specialist will have a background in software development, including SDLC, analysis/debugging, SQL scripting, shell scripting, PowerShell, and systems architectures.
Top candidates for this position will work well in a collaborative environment, and will be eager to learn new technical methods and subject matter, as well as suggest technologies and improvements on the project. Technical Analysts who are willing to make a commitment to gaining a deep knowledge of CGI's Momentum Financials® and Momentum Acquisitions® are strongly encouraged to apply!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Main project duties:
* Monitor and troubleshoot automated end-to-end business processes in production operations, including batch jobs, reports, data exchanges, and interfaces
* Support testing efforts and peer reviews
* Provide recommendations and support the development and implementation of automated monitoring tools
* Analyze, test, implement, and deliver script changes, configure software changes, and improve automated processes
* Assist and support the software and release testing teams
* Help troubleshoot issues encountered by functional and technical team members
* Monitor and maintain the health and function of the development environments on-site
Daily assignments may include any of the following:
* Software Installation and Maintenance
* Technical process improvements
* Issue Debugging, Analysis, and Resolution
* Integration Server Monitoring and Maintenance
* Modifications to Momentum Software and/or Custom Interfaces, Extracts, Utilities, and Reports
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
* All applicants must possess US citizenship and be eligible for a SECRET security clearance, per our US government client's requirements. An interim Secret clearance is required to begin working onsite with our client, and a Secret clearance must be maintained throughout the project duration
* A 4-year degree in a relevant field (e.g.: Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology)
* Oracle Database technology or related database experience, 2+ years
* Technical Analysis experience, 2+ years
* System Support experience, 2+ years
* Strong SQL skills, 2+ years
2+ years of experience in the following areas:
* Momentum ERP experience
* Automated deployment and provisioning software
* Microsoft Server Operating System experience
* NetApp storage architecture
* VMWare virtual machine technology
* BMC Control-M
* Technical Analysis
What you can expect from us: Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.