Partners Data Systems
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
High school graduation or GED equivalent and six (6) years experience in computer environment, including two (2) years providing technical computer support to customers.
If area of employment requires use of a University-owned vehicle, employee will be required to possess a valid Texas Drivers License, pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check, and complete drivers training (or van training, if applicable), in accordance with UTS Policy 157, appendix B.
* Performs routine and complex preventive maintenance, testing, and repair with respect to personal computer hardware and software problems, networking, and/or telecommunications.
* Diagnoses and repairs routine and complex related problems.
* Installs software, personal computers, printers, and other peripherals as directed or requested by users.
* Prepares recommendations for modifications or additions to personal computer systems, hardware components, and software applications; researches costs, market options, and trends available to meet user needs; keeps abreast of new and modifies hardware and software.
* Troubleshoots routine technical problems and supports university Help Desk as required.
* Functions as liaison between Information Resources and designated departments for ongoing and special projects, including ensuring users are adequately supported, developing documentation, recommending improvements, implementing new releases and features, and attending committee meetings.
* Evaluates and resolves system configuration and ensures effective use of hardware resources.
* Maintains and submits various reports, such as equipment failure reports, repair records, and data sheets relative to each user request need.
* May provide working supervision to other Technical Support Specialists; trains, or assists in training new employees; handles day-to-day questions from other Technical Support Specialists.
* May resolve complex systems problems, including coordination between users and components of local area network.
* Designs web page text and visual content, navigational links, and page layout. Consults with users to determine web needs and recommends solutions.
Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.