This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
High school graduation or GED equivalent and seven (7) years experience in a physical and electronic security environment or Bachelors degree with four (4) years experience in a physical and electronic security environment.
If area of employment requires use of a University-owned vehicle, employee will be required to possess a valid Texas Drivers License, pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check, and complete drivers training (or van training, if applicable), in accordance with UTS Policy 157, appendix B.
* Maintains, deploys, upgrades, and monitors departmental servers, troubleshoots, and corrects routine and complex system-related problems using server management software and security vulnerability software.
* Resolves complex systems and network problems including coordination between Access Control and components of Information Resources.
* Configures, maintains, troubleshoots, and implements all Network Video Recorders (NVRs) including failover NVRs, Video Management System (VMS) and security cameras on campus. Includes firmware, software upgrades, backups, and patches needed for a working video surveillance system.
* Performs routine and complex programming, upgrades, preventive maintenance, testing and repairs with respect to the Access Control software, database, operating systems, and physical security hardware.
* Evaluates, configures, and resolves system configuration problems and ensures effective use of hardware resources on security and departmental systems, including setting up remote monitoring for critical servers and upgrading firmware, BIOS, and hardware.
* Functions as liaison between Access Control and security vendors or campus departments for ongoing and special projects, including ensuring vendors and manufacturers are adequately supported, and can obtain remote access to systems in order to provide any required support. Acts as project manager for small to moderate projects, giving direction to security vendors and other technical support specialists.
* Installs software, personal computers, printers, and other peripherals as required, with a focus on security systems.
* Establishes, creates, and troubleshoots user permission levels on departmental systems.
* Configures, maintains, upgrades, and troubleshoots 3rd party systems integrated into the security management system (Lenel OnGuard). Includes biometric systems, key management systems, intercom systems, and software interfaces with PeopleSoft HCM/Campus Solutions or other systems.
* Prepares recommendations and obtains quotes for modifications or additions to operating software systems, hardware components, and software applications, with a focus on security systems.
* Maintains and submits various reports, such as equipment failure reports, repair records, and datasheets for the department and Medical Center management.
* May provide working supervision to other Technical Support Specialists; trains, or assists in training new employees; handles day-to-day questions from other Technical Support Specialists.
* Assists with badging station duties as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.