High School graduation or GED equivalent and four (4) years experience in computer environment including at least two (2) years experience providing technical computer support to customers.
If area of employment requires use of a University-owned vehicle, employee will be required to possess a valid Texas Drivers License, pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check, and complete drivers training (or van training, if applicable), in accordance with UTS Policy 157, appendix B.
* Performs routine preventive maintenance, testing, and repair with respect to computer hardware and software problems, networking, and/or telecommunications.
* Diagnoses and repairs routine computer related problems and/or refers complex problems to Technical Support Specialist II or III or another technical professional.
* Installs software, personal computers, printers, and other peripherals as directed or requested by users.
* Assists in making recommendations for modifications or additions to personal computer systems, hardware components, and software applications; assists in identifying associated costs.
* Troubleshoots routine technical problems and supports university Help Desk as required.
* Assists in design of web page text and visual content, navigational links, and page layout.
* Consults with users to determine web needs and recommends solutions.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
Technicians primary role is to: Provide desktop/printer/peripheral support to Clinics around DFW, ensure desktop environment is compliance with Information Security requirements, consult with department regarding new technologies, obtain quotes, etc. Help department navigate the larger IR organization and escalate issues as needed.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.