Brookfield Properties has an immediate need for a Technical Support Specialist in Chicago.
Brookfield Properties is a retail real estate company headquartered in Chicago, Illinois and owned by affiliates of Brookfield Asset Management. Our regional shopping centers are destinations for retail, lifestyle, dining, entertainment and so much more. Our extensive portfolio of properties spans the nation, encompassing over 150 locations across 42 states and representing over 146 million square feet of retail space. All of our properties are strategically located in regional and coastal areas that constitute the "heart" of America.
Our passionate team is comprised of experts across a range of specialties who share a goal of ensuring our properties are continuously evolving and innovating to meet the needs of our communities. Our company culture celebrates collaboration, encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and values diversity. We are very proud to have a team of premier talent who are in it to win it. We invite you to be part of our success story.
The Application Support Analyst is responsible for providing second level problem determination and support to the Company's user community. This includes interviewing the user while analyzing the user's request, quickly determining the appropriate resolution/escalation, communicating the resolution/escalation to the user, and fully documenting the process from the inception through closure and subsequent follow-up as consistent with IS/IT standards. The incumbent is also responsible for the education of users as to the solution of software problems by answering questions, interpreting operating instructions, and providing references. This person is expected to cooperate with other personnel and workgroups, to practice on-going self-development and to demonstrate behaviors that are aligned with the Company's vision, mission, and values statement.
* Provides second level support and follow-up to the Company's user community regarding software applications on multiple platform environments in order to leverage the Company's IT resources
* Demonstrates an understanding of financial process which include general ledger, fixed assets, accounts payable, accounts receivable, property management, and or procurement
* Demonstrates an understanding of the SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle)
* Interviews user, analyzes user's concern, reviews procedures and actions taken by user, and instructs user to perform diagnostic procedures in order to determine and complete the resolution/escalation of the user's concern
* Documents production problems for appropriate action
* Actively participates in the testing and implementation of new applications
* Assists in the development of course modules, training materials and in training end-users in the use of complex integrated software applications
* Maintains and/or prepares records, reports and logs and counts of documents related to assigned functions
* Develops written communication and documentation for users and for internal use
* Establishes and maintains cooperative and supportive relationships with customers
* Interprets and references user manuals and operational instructions during problem resolution in order to educate the user community
* Documents user's concerns and associated resolutions and prepares managerial reports as consistent with IS/IT standards in order to achieve and maintain alignment with the Company's vision, mission, and values statement
* Possesses the ability to write ad hoc queries for data analysis and trouble-shooting purposes
* Maintains current knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies in order to empower oneself and the user community
* Other duties as assigned
* Associate's Degree preferred
* 3-5 years' in large corporate environment required
* 2-4 years' Real Estate preferred
* Technically adept in all Company Applications (customized and packaged)
* Familiarity with Citrix, Client/Server Applications and Cloud Solutions
* Ability to use SQL query tools to research data issues
* Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and with end- users
* Self-starter who takes initiative and is proactive
* Service orientation, professional
* Ability to follow instructions
* Listening and problem solving skills
* Ability to solve problems via telephone
* Organize tasks, and provide follow-up
* Familiarity with and/or exposure to the following technologies is a plus:
* JD Edwards OR Experience in financial / real estate modules of a ERP system
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to do the following:
* The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
* The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
* The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.