USABlueBook is the recognized source of products and technical support for professional water and wastewater operators. As the company founded by utility operators, for utility operators. It is our goal to remain the industry's top technical and customer service leader.
USABlueBook (www.usabluebook.com) is a division of HD Supply.
More About USABlueBookUSABlueBook was founded in 1991 when a certified operator, realizing there was no single-source supplier to meet all of this product needs, decided to start a company that would do just that. It was his dedication to providing exceptional service and support to water and wastewater operators everywhere that made USABlueBook what it is today. As we continue to expand, our main goal stays the same - to make sure that all of our customers "Get the Best Treatment!"
More About HD Supply
HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Answers customer phone calls and e-mails related to product installation, troubleshooting, repairs, recommendations, specifications, and warranty procedures. Analyzes product problems, researches product information, and makes appropriate recommendations for problem resolution. Ensures customers are aware of relevant regulations/restrictions within assigned industry.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
* Reviews cases from customers, sales, and customer service to investigate product issues. Analyzes product problems and recommends solutions. Conducts appropriate research on product issues, including reviewing technical and online resources.
* Partners with Sales, Customer Service, and Product Management teams to create solutions for customers with sourcing, operational, and/or application issues.
* Uses product knowledge to provide instruction and education to customers regarding the product and application usage.
* Stays informed on relevant regulations and restrictions to ensure safety and compliance with customer orders.
* Answers internal and external phone calls and e-mails related to product questions. Collaborates with peers to review large quote requests that require additional input.
* Assists customers with finding products in the catalog, sourcing products, placing orders, providing quotes, verbally assisting in the proper installation of products, and keeping customers informed of warranty procedures and information. Compares and contrasts products for a customer and recommends the appropriate product based on customer needs. Follows up with customers when necessary.
* Trains and educates staff.
Nature and Scope
* Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
* Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
* Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
* Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
* Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
* HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
HD Supply/ USABlueBook is currently seeking a Product Specialist to provide support to our customers for our Tanks, Chem Feed, Filters and Strainers and Bioaugmentation product catagories.
USABlueBook is the country's largest distributor of products for water and wastewater operations and maintenance. Begun in 1991 as a company started "by operators for operators" our unique culture continues to flourish in support of customers large and small across the nation. USABlueBook features a 1,862 page catalog with best-selling products from over 750 suppliers and stocks these in 5 warehouses across the country.
At USABlueBook we truly believe in providing our customers with "The Best Treatment" in everything we do. Every Team within our business views their work with the customer in mind. Do you want to be part of a team that has had year over year success and offers opportunities for personal and professional growth? Is the customer always the focus of your actions and activities in your role? If you do, this may just be the perfect place for you. www.usabluebook.com.
* Customer service experience.
* Industry and product experience.
* Technical background.
* Experience in equipment as related to the water/waste water industry preferred.