Technical Support Specialist
Semper Valens Solutions is looking for a full-time Technical Support Specialist (Tier 2) to provide onsite support to our customer in Albany, CA (Monday through Friday). The ideal candidate must be a team player and able to interact and work cross-functionally. You will be our front-line, interacting directly with our users. You must be a strong listener and communicator, unafraid of handling the sometimes-difficult-user. You should be dependable, a quick study, and able to build strong rapport as our users will look to you for guidance. Finally, you should be technical and comfortable with and capable of translating your technical reasoning to technical and non-technical audiences alike.
* Troubleshoot information technology issues, including networking, system/application access, software, and hardware (i.e. government-issued laptops, desktops, mobile devices, and peripherals), through service calls placed to the Service Desk and through internal inquires and work requests.
* Understand, analyze, and diagnose issues related to user configuration, network and security settings, hardware/software failures, etc. to resolution and achieving customer satisfaction.
* Determine if an immediate resolution is available and if not escalate the ticket to Tier 3.
* Provide updates to customers and management on the status of urgent, recurring, and high-profile problems.
* Perform multiple tasks simultaneously, including handling interruptions, and return to and complete tasks in a timely manner.
* Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
* Installing and configuring new hardware and software.
* Answering queries by telephone, escalations from Service Desk Tier 1, or self-service ticket in support of internal and/or remote customers according to company SLA's (Service Level Agreement).
* Provide Tier 1/2 triage and troubleshooting support by working on the Service Desk Automatic Call Distributor (ACD) during scheduled times.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Background Clearance (Public Trust).
* Must have High School degree.
* Must have 3+ years of experience with problem management, technical customer services, or in technical help desk position, supporting computers, printers, scanners, including how these pieces of technology interact with each other.
* Working knowledge of Advanced operating/troubleshooting knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems, MS Office 2016, Windows printing and printer driver installation.
* Must be able to work independently.
* Must demonstrate a professional demeanor.
* Must possess positive, professional interpersonal skills.
* Must have good communication skills via phone call, e-mail, voicemail, walkup, fax, or Web interface. Be able to perform proper incident handling and reporting of customer issues.
* Customer and BMC Numara Footprints ticketing system experience preferred.
* A+, Network+, or Security + certification(s) desirable.
* Knowledge of ShoreTel Sky ACD
About Semper Valens Solutions:
Semper Valens Solutions, Inc. is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing Cost Effective Software and Systems Engineering, Field Support, Training and Full Life cycle Support Management to the DOD community
At Semper Valens, our vision is to remain a creative, cutting edge and cost effective solutions provider where our shared intellect, industry experience, and technology excellence, make a positive difference in our customer's success. Our solutions help bridge the gap between IT and business prioritizations to optimize budgets, risks and operational processes.
We search for outstanding technical professionals, hiring at all levels of the experience spectrum; intermediate, journeyman and senior. Consider us for your career plan.
Semper Valens Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Semper Valens Solutions, proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, physical or mental disability, genetic information, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Semper Valens Solutions through its online applicant system, please contact Semper Valens Solutions Human Resources Department at (830) 899-6870.
Semper Valens Solutions is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.