Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers("IB") is growing at a rapid pace, our Chicago, IL call center seeks individuals for our technical assistance center ("TAC"). TAC representatives focus on ensuring a solid user experience through the responsive support of our trading software. As a member of the technical assistance team, you'll assist customers with inquiries pertaining to all of our software products and act as a liaison between internal teams and customers to ensure a prompt and effective resolution of bugs and issues. The ideal candidate will possess the networking and programming knowledge to troubleshoot issues that pertain to our trading client programs. Become an expert with IB's trading software and gain a deep understanding of the products we offer.
* The TAC representative will be probing and analytical with the ability to recognize, test, and escalate new bugs within our software.
* Assist a diverse range of domestic and international customers with installing, configuring, and troubleshooting our trading software and our website
* Escalate issues to software developers and server operators
* Address inquiries and issues regarding IB's two-factor secure login system
* 4 year college degree
* Prior experience in a customer-facing role
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience troubleshooting networking or software related issues
* 4 year degree in a STEM field
* 2 years in a network or software support role, primarily in a call-center or real-time support environment
* Experience with Unix and basic Unix commands
* Financial services industry related experience and knowledge of common financial products
* Mandarin, Spanish or Russian language skills a plus
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IEX: IBKR); is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 31 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 950,000 trades per day.¹ Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
¹Figures as of January 31, 2019.
About Interactive Brokers
Interactive Brokers is an electronic brokerage firm.