Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 25 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. When combined with its strength in performance creative and media, Merkle creates customer experiences that drive improved marketing results and shareholder value. With more than 4,100 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland with 16 additional offices in the US and 8 offices in Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Merkle's IT Service Desk and End User Services partners with the Merkle business to make technology an asset for customers and employees and provide effective and timely solutions to technological issues. As a part of this team, the Technical Support - Hosting - Analyst candidates will demonstrate the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, work independently, assess incidents/requests, and apply the correct level of urgency to achieve a mutually accepted solution, all while providing exemplary customer service in support of Merkle's technology vision. The Technical Support - Hosting - Analyst should have previous experience with technical support and a strong drive to learn new enterprise class technologies.
* Monitor and act on high severity incidents meeting strict SLA/OLA requirements
* Triage server and network related incidents
* Ensure that all requests are resolved on or before due date assigned
* Follow incident/request management best practice
* Ensures all equipment is properly maintained, service calls are placed in a timely manner and tracked
* Provision/Decommission servers following documented SOPs
* Act as "smart" hands for SME's providing technical direction
* Provision and Reclaim software from end user hardware
* Utilize ticketing system(s) to document issues, communicate statuses, and resolution
* Triage and support Windows and Linux OS'
* Troubleshoot and resolve basic hardware issues
* Provide application support for enterprise platforms and procedures
* Escalate issues as defined in documented escalation procedures
* Perform Server maintenance and patching once a month (non-standard work hours)
* Uphold and promote Merkle's core values and culture
* Other duties as assigned
Measures of Success:
* Maintain a high level of internal customer service.
* Demonstrate the ability to learn and perform troubleshooting for server hardware.
* Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and share knowledge with team members.
* Positive recognition as noted on Employee and Customer satisfaction surveys.
* Successfully resolve technical incidents/requests with high quality, escalating where appropriate.
Key Skills and Experience:
* College degree or equivalent experience preferred
* A+, MCP, MCITP, Security+, Network+ Certifications preferred.
* Experience in a customer service environment preferred.
* Must be reliable related to work schedule and recurring tasks.
* Flexibility to work non-standard work hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
* This position requires the ability to work independently with limited direct supervision.
* Communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
* Exemplary telephone etiquette and the ability to deal effectively with end users, peers and management.
* Basic understanding of Windows (Windows Server 2008 or higher) and Linux (RHEL/CentOS) OS'.
* Experience with troubleshooting and resolving Windows 10 and basic laptop hardware issues
* Possess the ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
* Able to follow documented standard procedures.
* Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks efficiently
* Basic understanding of enterprise data center concepts (Windows, networking, server administration).
* Demonstrate the ability to learn new skills techniques and responsibilities.
* Ability to lift boxes which weigh up to 50 pounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.