Mitel is a global market leader in business communications, powering more than two billion business connections with our cloud, enterprise and next-gen collaboration application.
With more than 70 million users in nearly 100 countries, Mitel is the only company that wakes up every day exclusively focused on helping customers take their communications from where they are today to where they expect them to be.
The Technical Support Engineer provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems. Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
Support Center is open 24/7 so you will be required to be on-call every 3 weeks; this could change at anytime.
* Provide phone and Web based support on supported Mitel products and take the problem to resolution.
* Provide accurate technical advice on the various aspects of hardware specifications, installation and maintenance regarding the software solutions.
* Responsible for ensuring escalated cases have proper notes and performing individual case review
* Dealing with escalated customer issues handed down from management/team lead.
* Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering.
* Delivers fixes in the form of software patches where applicable or recommending upgrade to proper load with issues known to be resolved.
* 3-5 years related experience in a technical contact center
* Experience with VMWare, Wireshark and/or Team Viewer highly desired
* Must have strong customer service skills with clear communication in writing and over the phone
* Able to multi-task, work on more than one customer issue at a time and prioritize and change focus as required
* Well organized, results-oriented team player
Mitel is committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or civil status, political affiliation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, demotions, transfers, compensation changes, training, career development programs, layoffs, and terminations.