Partners Data Systems
Job ID R91554 Date posted Feb. 12, 2019
Technical Support Engineer 1
As the Technical Support Engineer 1, you will be responsible for delivering a superior support to Dell's Enterprise customers. You will own the end to end solution for the customer through providing phone/email/chat and remote diagnostic technical support of Hardware and Configuration of Server, Basic storage, blades, networking and also various Operating Systems (Windows, VMWare, RedHat, etc.). You will be based on site at Penang Malaysia.
* Assists customers by diagnosing problems and providing resolutions for technical and service issues
* Uses troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify products that are defective and follows guidelines in issuing service calls/contacts
* Advises/educates customers within procedural guidelines to ensure a complete solution to their technical or service questions
* Recreates, identifies and provides input on unique or recurring customer problems
* Monitors and tracks issues to ensure accurate resolution
* Actively involved in revenue generation activities with current Dell customers
* Reviews and distributes pertinent cross-functional information (e.g., Sales, TAMs, Customer Care, External Vendors)
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Experience
* Extensive networking experience (design, implementation, support) including strong knowledge of fundamental networking principals (TCP/IP, OSI, packet-flow, etc)
* Understanding of access technologies (Ethernet, Fiber)
* Knowledge of other network principles - QoS, DCBx, ACL, DNS, DHCP, High Availability
* Exposure networking hardware and software troubleshooting and experience in dealing with the following technologies:
* Storage/Data Center networking (iSCSI/Fiber-Channel)
* Campus Networking (LAN/WAN switching & routing)
* Wireless Networking (Aruba/Cisco Mobility solutions)
* IEEE 802.1x technology
* Advanced networking and security solutions - Metro-E/MPLS/IP VPN/UTM/SSL (an added advantage)
* Microsoft and VMware virtualization
* Strong understanding and technical ability on Dell (or other vendors) Enterprise Product line; networking, virtualization, server, storage, backup, security appliance
* Those with professional certification from VMWare/Microsoft/Red Hat/Novell will have an added advantage.
* Speak, read and write proficiently in English for both technical and non-technical audience.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.