Role Summary:The Siemens MR&CT Technical Support Engineer (TSE) drives customer satisfaction through Service Excellence by providing technical support and counsel both remote and onsite to Field Engineers (FE's), Client Service Technicians (CST's), and Customers experiencing system performance issues.
Essential Responsibilities:This position is the technical resource for all service-related escalations regarding the Siemens MR products- Avanto/Espree, Verio, Symphony,Trio, Aera/Skyra, Prisma, Spectra, Amira, Sola, and Vida plus Workstations. Siemens CT knowledge and expertise is not required, but is a plus (Sensation, Emotion, Definition, Force, Perspective and Scope product families). If required to advise the customer install base in a specific geography, position may include Partial Relocation.
* Provide remote and on-site technical support for Siemens MR products- Avanto/Espree, Verio, Symphony, Trio, Aera/Skyra, Prisma, Spectra, Amira, Sola, and Vida product families plus Workstations.
* Use successful, effective field experience and knowledge to provide technical support to FE's, CST's, and customers that may include both remote and onsite support.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of modality products, service expertise, and tools to maintain "field advisor" status.
* Utilize the GEHC escalation process as needed, working closely with local customer and national support to define and support implementation of corrective action plans to resolve customer issues in a timely manner.
* Utilize "Gameplan" tool to drive Service effectiveness. Contribute knowledge to the Problem Solution Database (PSDB).
* Contribute to the improvement of productivity tools through idea generation, workout attendance, and small projects as required.
* Support Material and Purchased Service cost improvement initiatives for the modality.
* Within project engagement, act as a change agent/ field "advisor" in areas such as product serviceability and reliability, quality trend analysis, productivity program development and implementation, national modality program execution and new product introduction support.
* Manage and support improvements in business processes that maximize competitiveness, enabling continued business growth. This may include leveraging service capabilities by increasing the number of customer systems connected to the internet to improve remote troubleshooting and remote fix rates.
* Work with Modality / Service Engineering, Product Engineering and field support specialists to drive product quality, serviceability, and resolve formal customer escalations.
* Coach and train FE's to ensure that technical and customer skills are up to date and meet the needs of the business. On occasion may serve as subject matter expert (SME) for FE modality training through the Service Quality Standard (SQS) training curriculum.
* Identify field process improvements such as pre-PM work, PM cycle time, remote TTR work, field-based technical training to support use of remote diagnostic troubleshooting tools and processes in the field.
* Identify field quality improvements to include hazardous/ non-hazardous complaints via Trackwise.
* Travel to customer sites and support installations, FMIs and customer escalations (CSOs).
* Maintain and enhance modality knowledge, such as: Networking / Dicom / Insite / PACS / OS field service experience, knowledge of legacy Siemens CT systems and peripheral equipment. Knowledge and experience using Common Service Desktop, CRM and other remote tools as required.
Qualifications/Requirements:1. Minimum 5 years of engineering experience as an FE II and/or FE III, or the equivalent external to GE with regards to the repair and maintenance of Siemens MR products (Avanto/Espree, Verio, Symphony, Trio, Aera/Skyra, Prisma, Spectra, Amira, Sola, and Vida). Demonstrated ability to handle/resolve difficult technical issues with advanced knowledge in applicable systems and competitive Siemens service platforms.
2. Must have consistently performed as an FE II, or an FE III, or the equivalent external to GEHC for a period of 5 years before consideration of promotion to TSE I.
3. Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
4. Ability to stay calm in pressurized situations and coach people through solving problems.
5. Exceptional teamwork, verbal and written communication skills.
6. Ability to extract applicable information during a troubleshooting process and use that information to help resolve issues remotely.
7. Demonstrated successful history of technical problem solving and resolution maintaining (insert modality) equipment, including proven experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
8. Experience with Siemens applications, Web applications, and the Microsoft suite of products.
9. Experience responding to the concerns of and interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution-based service process.
10. Travel to customer sites and support installations, FMIs and customer escalations (CSOs).
11. Willingness to be available "after hours", or work a rotating On-Call schedule, including weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary.
12. Must have and maintain a valid Driver's License.
13. Special Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
14. The Technical Support Engineer role requires a permanent, stable, secure and private internet connection due to the sensitive nature of the customer support you provide. In addition as the TSE role provides on-site support you may not relocate more than 30 miles from your current location without approval from your manager.
1. Aware of and comply with the GE Healthcare (GEHC) Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
3. Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
4. Identify and report any personal quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
5. Ensure timely service activity and record closure.
6. Ensure/drive completion of all field modifications instructions (FMI's) within prescribed timeframe.
7. Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible.
Desired Characteristics:1. 2 or 4 year degree in an Engineering discipline
2. Strong customer service skills.
3. Highly motivated team player.
4. Prior project or technical leadership experience.
5. Training skills
6. Networking certification, or related networking experience
7. Basic financial analysis abilities
8. Lean / Six Sigma Certified
9. Siemens CT skills related to any of ( Sensation, Emotion, Definition, Force, Perspective and Scope )
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.Additional Locations:United States;Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming;
About General Electric
General Electric is a high-tech industrial company engaged in energy, healthcare, and transportation.