BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Client Technical Services (CTS) is part of Core Systems Operations (CSO) which is responsible for maintaining system performance and uptime for Aladdin and other critical applications used at BlackRock. Additionally, CSO supports over 150 external organizations which leverage Aladdin through BlackRock Solutions (BRS) offerings (https://www.blackrock.com/aladdin/home).
CTS plays an essential role in integrating cross-functional teams in support of Aladdin, providing technical support for Aladdin customers, leading the technical implementation of Aladdin at new BRS clients and acting as the internal liaison for BRS Client Relationship Mangers. Additionally, CTS owns critical governance functions such as Software and Infrastructure Change Management, as well as leading strategic initiatives through its Project Management function.
CTS is a fast-paced team operating in a dynamic environment and provides the right individual with challenging work and an opportunity to lead multiple groups in achieving a wide variety of objectives.
Job Purpose / Responsibilities:
The candidate will work across functions within CTS to provide leadership and guidance in order to accomplish the team's strategic goals.
BRS Aladdin Client Support
CTS works directly with the BlackRock Solutions business to provide support for the external organizations who leverage the Aladdin platform. This includes level two troubleshooting of issues raised by the Aladdin Client Services team, as well as working with client technology teams to implement and review technology solutions. In this role, CTS develops strong working relationships with the BRS relationship managers and teams across the Aladdin Product Group.
Change Management Coordination
The Change Management function in CTS works across technology and development teams to ensure the stability of the Aladdin platform and BlackRock infrastructure while supporting the fast-pace of innovation at BlackRock. Change coordinators review details of high-risk changes and releases for conflicts and appropriate procedures. The team communicates changes and their impact to stakeholders and runs regular meetings to guarantee approvals and consensus.
Due to the dynamic nature of the environment, CTS provides the opportunity for team members to participate across a number of functions, including disaster recovery planning for Aladdin and working with development teams on enhancements to operational tools as well as opportunities to take ownership of various initiatives.
A successful candidate is expected to possess and demonstrate the following:
* Strong leadership skills, including demonstrated ability to integrate multiple technical disciplines in achieving a stated objective.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail.
* Highly motivated individual who takes full ownership of responsibilities and is a dependable teammate.
* Adaptive individual, able to multi-task and adjust in a fast moving environment.
* Solid technical acumen, including desktop technology, basic TCP/IP networking and basic SDLC understanding.
* Results-oriented professional committed to personally driving objectives to completion, maintaining flexibility where an adjusted work schedule and/or evening/weekend work are required.
* 2+ years of experience in a production support or client services role, financial services a plus.
* Successful completion of a Bachelor's degree.
* Experience troubleshooting Java-based applications running on Windows OS.
* Strong technical writing skills or previous documentation experience and familiarity with Confluence.
* Scripting or basic development language skills to automate common tasks.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
BlackRock is an investment management company.