The Senior Technical Specialist - Citrix independently researches, evaluates, and recommends the proper use of current information technology including, but not limited to, particularly complex arrays of hardware, operating systems, applications software, networking protocols, client/server configurations, desktop management, messaging systems, databases, etc., that form the foundation of systems and toolsets used by both users and IS staff. Stays abreast of new and emerging technologies, provides advice as to whether and/or when such technologies should be adopted by the organization, plans the adoption of assorted technologies, and ensures the proper integration of new technologies into existing systems and procedures. Leads or participates in projects involving significant technical components or technological risk.
* 2 or more years working with Citrix strongly preferred
* More than 3 years relevant technical work experience
* In-depth technical knowledge of core MemorialCare enterprise systems/technologies, including Epic, Citrix, Windows Server, Windows 7/10, VMWare, etc
* In-depth, broad understanding of key information technologies.
* Highly analytical, creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
* Good communications skills, both verbal and written.
* Good leadership, supervision, and teamwork skills.
* Relevant Citrix certifications (Citrix Certified Professional - Virtualization (CCP-V), Citrix Certified Professional - Networking (CCP-N) preferred)
* Other technical certifications a plus (e.g. Epic Client Systems Administrator (ECSA-Hyperspace), VMWare)
* College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science/engineering or information systems preferred