The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Key Identifiers for the Position
* Looking for a leader with exceptional management and communication skills that can oversee, manage and implement BIM, related technology and asset management campus wide throughout all phases of project delivery and handover to Operations at LAX.
Essential Job Duties
* Lead the effort on behalf of LAWA to develop and communicate the BIM Standards, Procedures and BIM Execution Plan (BxP) with the Design/Builder on all projects at LAX.
* Provide guidance and input into BIM related contract language to support the project delivery process
* Assist the Project Management Team in decision-making as it pertains to BIM and related technologies.
* Assist in the BIM deliverable review process, technical support, and quality assurance.
* Review general project requirements, design criteria and contract requirements.
* Demonstrated working knowledge and implementation of VEO by InEight and Autodesk BIM 360 on multi-billion dollar projects
* Develop systems, procedures and structures to allow LAWA to record, map and manage the project design and construction utilizing BIM.
* Ensure that monthly reports describing activities associated with BIM implementation are prepared and forwarded to the project management team.
* Develop presentations, teaching aids and training plans for the various stakeholder groups.
* Recommend solutions for file sharing, document control and security.
* Contribute to the advancement of PDG's goals through commitment to productive collaboration with all stakeholders.
* Microsoft systems including MS-Excel, MS-Word, Power Point, SharePoint, Prolog, Primavera P6 or
other Scheduling Software.
* Autodesk systems including AutoCAD, Revit, Civil 3D, Navisworks, Infraworks and BIM 360.
* InEight VEO and other relation database cloud-based platforms
* Familiar with ESRI/GIS platforms and asset management software, IBM Maximo.
Professional Experience Level/Other Qualifications
* Minimum ten years' experience in the Design and Construction Industry performing duties related
to this position.
* Five years or more of experience in the implementation of a fully integrated BIM process specifically
for large US airports.
* Thorough understanding of airport specific enterprise-wide challenges and inherent
* Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills are required.
* A college degree is required. Bachelors or Masters Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction.
* May assume other duties as required/needed
* Maybe required to work beyond regular shift hours as needed
* Maybe required to work various shifts as needed
* AIA preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs Engineering is a provider of technical, consulting, and scientific services for the government and private sector.