With a powerful combination of Digital Experience, Cloud Networking, and Cloud Edge solutions, Riverbed - The Digital Performance Company - provides a modern IT architecture for the digital enterprise, delivering new levels of operational agility and visibility, while dramatically accelerating business performance and outcomes. As businesses transform digitally and experiment with new technologies, they partner with Riverbed to push boundaries, increase performance, and rethink possible.Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue and 30,000+ customers - including 98% of the Fortune 100 and 100% of the Forbes Global 100.
About this Position
Title: Technical Solutions Architect - Cloud InfrastructureLocation: East Coast US (remote/home office)Technology Specialization: Cloud Infrastructure - Application Acceleration & SD-WANWe are seeking a Cloud Infrastructure Technical Solutions Architect for immediate hire. In this role you will be a pre-sales technical leader focusing on Riverbed's application acceleration and SD-WAN solutions. You will act as a critical liaison between field sales and product management and help drive key opportunities to technical closure.Responsibilities:
* Serve as a technical subject matter expert on Riverbed's Cloud Infrastructure solutions throughout the sales process. Own and manage various pre-sales activities - including technical presentations, demonstrations, and proof of concept projects.
* Work closely alongside Product Management to relay market demands from prospects/customers. Develop innovative go-to-market practices to align with BU strategy.
* Deliver product and industry updates to the broader field sales organization.
* Provide formal and informal guidance to field teams by developing best practices and addressing design and architecture questions.
* Help drive deeper & wider into accounts - identifying requirements for additional resources from other departments within the customer, customer alternatives (i.e. other means of handling their current requirements), and potential internal sponsors.
* Understand and document customer business & technical requirements and use them to create value based proposals, addressing business drivers & pain points - guiding the technical sales cycle towards a technical close & a business win.
* Build and increase Riverbed's relevance with customers by qualifying customer's needs, desired outcomes & benefits and positioning the breadth of the Riverbed portfolio.
* Cross-sell / Up-sell: Identify and execute relevant sales plays, pipeline development initiatives and PS offerings.
* Build strong relationships with key contacts in the partner ecosystem. Work with Channel Sales team to build and strengthen relationships with partners and identify successful enablement strategies.
* Experience in a pre-sales role, with a deep understanding of enterprise sales cycles and various selling strategies.
* Extensive IT and networking experience; Strong knowledge in at least two of the following:
* Cloud technology experience: AWS, Azure, Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, Openstack, Cloud Foundry and Openshift preferred.
* Hands-on experience designing and deploying SD-WAN technology in complex environments.
* Advanced routing knowledge: BGP, OSPF, etc. CCIE or equivalent preferred.
* Advanced network design concepts, including security, multiple data centers, MPLS, cloud integration, etc.
* Programmable infrastructure and automation (APIs, Python, Perl, JSON, other scripting)
* Application acceleration and WAN optimization.
* Experience in IT transformation projects, such as network redesign, cloud migration, Office 365 migration, Windows 10 migration, etc. is preferred.
* Proven consultative skills from prior performance engineering engagements in presales or professional services.
* Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources.
* Demonstrated ability to implement, drive and track IT projects to successful closure.
* Relevant competitive knowledge, including industry, technologies and product offerings, evolving technologies, and threats.
* Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
* Outgoing personality and passionate about technical sales and working with customers.
* Able to travel 35% - 50% - traveling primarily through targeted geography (east/west US)
* Bachelor's degree in CS, EE or related area is preferred.
Riverbed offers a rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. We are proud of our great culture that continuously fosters innovation, collaboration, and diverse work environments. We remain committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the most diverse group of talent to better serve our customers.Learn more about Riverbed: www.riverbed.com
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
About Riverbed Technology
Riverbed provides application performance infrastructure solutions.