Technical Lead, Senior Software Engineer - Community
Trusted by more than 260,000 businesses worldwide, Magento Commerce (an Adobe company) is the leading provider of cloud commerce innovation to merchants and brands across B2C and B2B industries, and now a strategic pillar of the Adobe Digital Experience solutions set. Adobe is known for its vibrant, dynamic and rewarding culture where personal and professional fulfillment and company success goes hand in hand. We take pride in creating exceptional work experiences, encouraging innovation and being involved with our employees, customers, and communities. We invite you to discover what makes Adobe such a great place to work.
Click this link to experience A Day in the Life at Adobe: http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/careeropp/fma/dayinthelife/
Adobe's Magento Community Engineering team is looking for a Technical Lead, Senior Software Engineer to join the team in Austin. We are seeking a web application framework expert to help us implement complex features of the Magento system with the team of open-source engineers and lead community driven projects. At Magento, we have a strong history of delivering successful open-source software projects. Magento has community of 6K active contributors and was recently named the #1 most active PHP GitHub repository.
What you will do:
* Lead Magento community driven projects department and drive the team of senior software engineers
* Work and lead the team of outside contributors on architecture, implementation, delivery and release of new Magento framework features
* Implement prototypes, write high-level designs, work with product owners on collecting and verifying requirements
* Lead refinement/grooming meetings with development teams, leverages best practices, articulates ideas, & markets them across team and organization
* Be responsible for the design, development, testing, troubleshooting, measurement, optimization, and improvement of software, new products, and code libraries across platforms
* Lead application/framework/service design efforts, optimizing for quality, testability, and scale
* Use appropriate & relevant programming languages and technologies, writes code, tests & deploys to meet business requirements.
What you will need:
* 10+ years of industry software development experience
* B.S. or M.S. in CS or related fields
* Comprehensive knowledge of PHP frameworks, OOP/OOD, backend architecture, system design, and Scrum
* Strong programming skills including experience in PHP, Java or other object-oriented programming (C++, Python)
* Experience with various testing frameworks
* Experience with Agile development methodologies
* Positive work attitude, self-motivator, quick learner, and a standout colleague
* 5+ years experience with Magento framework
* Comfortable with taking reasonable amounts of risk
* Communicates clearly with the team and management to define and achieve goals
* Working experience with AWS, ElasticSearch, MySQL, PostgreSQL, PHP, Linux
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Adobe is a software company developing digital marketing and media solutions.