As a Technical Services Engineer, you will be providing first-class service and support for our financial institution customers using Ripple's mission-critical software to make payments around the globe. In your role you will directly work with our customers and coordinate with Ripple's Engineering teams to troubleshoot, replicate, and resolve issues to our customers satisfaction.
You will analyze and resolve challenging technical issues, and investigate and identify root causes at the product, data, or network level, all the while keeping key stakeholders informed and up to date on the situation. You will engage all levels of the Ripple organization as appropriate from Project Management, Integration, Engineering, and our Leadership team, in order to own and drive customer issues to resolution in a timely manner.
You will play a lead role in configuring production support and oversight arrangements for Ripple customers so that the risk of service interruption is reduced. These preventative activities will be instrumental in ensuring a smooth and reliable production experience for all users of Ripple technology.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
* Enhance and adhere to a world-class set of operational procedures and policies for mission-critical production support on a peer-to-peer payments network, and continually review & improve on these on an on-going basis
* Demonstrate, reproduce, successfully debug, and resolve technical issues across our customers' technology stack
* Design & build tools and scripts to help analyze product, database, and network log files and narrow the cause of issues
* Help to build and administer the infrastructure and systems that keep our customers up to date and informed
* Become a subject matter expert on Ripple's revolutionary technology and products and an authority in the product requirements for production excellence
* Work with engineering & product to fix issues, release patches, and install in customer environments
* Coach and guide Ripple customers in implementing best practice polices and procedures for the smooth running of Ripple technology
* Assist in QA and validation of releases against known customer environments and configurations
* Voice of the customer : communicate customer's requirements & desires back to Product Development & Engineering to influence Product Functionality & Roadmap
* You will be required to participate in out-of-hours customer production support from time to time
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
* 2-5+ years' experience implementing or supporting transaction processing systems supporting cash management, payments, or trade finance product in complex technical environment
* A strong sense of ownership, and empathetic attitude that "the customers' problem is my problem"
* Excellent leadership and decision-making capabilities and able to be highly effective in demanding situations
* Deep technical and functional understanding of payment flows & cross border payment processing
* Knowledge of IT Infrastructure including Databases, Firewalls, Load Balancers, Proxy Servers, Application & Web Servers.
* Strong collaboration skills to partner with internal Product and Engineering teams as well as external customers in an agile environment
* Excellent Oral, Written & Customer Service skills
* Proven Analytical and problem-solving skills
* The ability to communicate your knowledge of enterprise level, commercially available hardware and software products, operating systems, networking systems, and methodologies for integrating web-based products
* Must be comfortable with some customer-related travel, including new hire on-boarding in San Francisco (10-20% travel)
* Spanish Speaking
* Experience of Production Support Leadership
* Experience supporting mission-critical applications
* Experience with testing tools & technologies - Test Harnesses
* Experience working with a Worldwide team
* Hands-on coding experience in web based technologies:
* Web Services
* Peer-to-peer networks
* Real-time technologies
* Working knowledge of Linux system administration with an emphasis on networking (TCP/IP) and security best practices
* Experience with Zendesk, Jira, Confluence, and test/defect management tools and processes and real-time monitoring tools such as Splunk
* Experience of providing customer support in a peer-to-peer technology environment
WHAT WE OFFER:
* The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
* A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
* Competitive salary and equity
* 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
* 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
* Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
* Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
* Employee giving match
* Modern office in San Francisco's Financial District
* Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
* Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
* Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
Ripple is a company that offers a real-time payment system to send money using blockchain.