ARC Document Solutions
ARC Document Solutions is looking for a Full-time Service Technician to help us assemble and install equipment in customer locations that have purchased, leased or rented printers or copiers. Our primary lines of equipment are manufactured by Oce, Xerox and HP.
We are seeking candidates for our vacant Service Technician role. Service Technician Report to the Service Manager; provide small format and large format engineering copier service, repairs and installations at client locations throughout the company's assigned service area while maintaining accurate inventory and maintenance records, courteous customer relations, and thorough performance of assigned job duties.
* Fiscal and operational responsibility for the daily operations of the assigned branch facility
* Accurately diagnose, repair, and maintain equipment as well as accessories in optimum operating condition based on manufacturers published electrical, mechanical, and copy quality specifications
* Record completed work (labor) and parts used to repair equipment on our service work order form, and have customer sign off on completed work leaving a copy with customer
* Record same info on the machine log sheet left in machine for future reference
* Maintain records by properly documenting system repairs and upgrades
* Maintain inventory records accurately by making sure all transfers are properly processed
* Install systems, software, and feature keys at customer locations
* Install equipment and accessories
* Test equipment and get customer to acknowledge equipment is working to their satisfaction
* Maintain systems and products by responding to emergency service requests; conduct tests; diagnose problems; complete repairs; maintain good customer relationships
* Continuously update job knowledge by completing required training and re-certification; participating in educational opportunities; reading technical material
* Promptly contact dispatch coordinator or service manager after every call for next assignment or when alerted to do so
* Participate in monthly meetings, communicate equipment problems and solutions with fellow technicians by using our service forum
* Project a positive image through proper attire, communication skills, and personal grooming
* Be able and willing to work overtime when required including weekends
* Be willing to travel when required
* Driving is essential part of the job; hence a good driving record is a must. Courteous and safe driving is a must
* Must be able to handle high pressure situations and clientele
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Experience repairing several machines Oce', Xerox, HP and others.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school is a plus. High School diploma or equivalent is required, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent customer service skills. Ability to effectively promote the superior products and services of ARC. Ability to track orders throughout the production and delivery process and keep customers accurately informed. Strong comprehension of small format, large format, and color production processes. Ability to assess/troubleshoot customer software and hardware production problems or issues. Ability to understand and accurately communicate cost estimate information to the customer. Ability to follow complex processes and procedures accurately. Able to multi-task while maintaining quality control and accuracy.
About ARC Document Solutions
ARC Document Solutions offers managed print services, offsite document printing, and fulfillment services.