Sometimes Promoting, Sometimes Recruiting. Always Orange.
About Aggreko plc:
Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That's why at Aggreko, we work 'round the clock, making sure our customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it - all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world's busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth. Every project is different, so we listen first and design a system supported by our service anywhere, to any scale. Transforming the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organizations and communities across the globe.
We're the people who use our big boxes to make a massive difference. We believe in the positive impact of power and the ability to control temperature. We believe what we do opens up opportunity and creates potential for individuals, communities, industries and societies over the world. We believe when we work together we can do anything. We believe in the power of our team. We're the people who keep the lights on. And we recruit the best talent, too.
Our four values help us get even better at what we do. It's the Aggreko way of working - we call it Always Orange. Always Orange means:
Being dynamic: We're nimble and are always ready to react to an ever-changing world.
Being expert: We know our stuff, we're great under pressure and we thrive in our busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We use our experience to make a difference. We know how to challenge and we have the courage of our convictions.
Being together: We play for Team Aggreko and value the expertise of everyone around us. We're accountable and we hold others to account.
Being innovative: We never miss an opportunity to learn, to look out, or to be better.
About this Job:
We are seeking a Technical Service Specialist for our Midwest region. The Technical Service Specialist is a specialized role providing a high level of technical expertise and support to the operations groups across multiple service centers. They are responsible for maintaining the standards of technical practice in the service centers and for driving improvements in quality and reliability for the fleet. The role is accountable for ensuring technician skill levels meet the needs of the business and for the continuous development of technicians through training and assessments to enhance the capabilities of the individuals, the service centers and the business as a whole.
Sound like you? Here's what you'll need to demonstrate:
* Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
* Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
* Peer Relationships: Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
* Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
* Developing others: Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them: distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator; is a people builder.
We're Experts. You'll have the following experience:
* High school diploma/GED or equivalent years of experience
* PC literacy in a Microsoft environment or ERP system
* Successful experience in training & development of personnel (Coaching/Mentoring)
* High level of Technical Expertise (Mastery)
* 10+ years of relevant technical work experience
* Necessary certifications required to operate any equipment as dictated by federal, state and/or local ordinances.
* Successful track record and experience in partnering with colleagues in a matrix organization structure to accomplish company-wide objectives
* Experience in using / interpreting data and reports and use thereof in setting and driving plans and priorities.
* Experience with 5S/6S (GSCS)
Your key responsibilities:
We're Dynamic & Innovative. In an ever-changing business you will be nimble in seizing opportunities to pioneer effective ways to meet and exceed your responsibilities:
Service Center Standards
* Responsible for Customer Service delivery standards compliance and audits
* Accountable for reviewing the fleet service and maintenance practices and equipment service history within the region to ensure compliance with Aggreko Standards.
* Responsible for Fleet Reliability including monitoring and directing retrofits, service, repair, and standards which drive and impact fleet reliability.
* Responsible for supporting the investigation and resolution of damage Claims.
* Responsible for ensuring effective proactive initiatives are developed and implemented, to drive fleet readiness and reliability metrics.
* In close collaboration with the Service Center Managers, responsible for ensuring that the fleet is in a state of readiness in line with company standards and targets
* Review test capability and regime in each facility to ensure adequacy to cope with the day to day business.
* Accountable for GSCS service center assessments, reports and operational reviews
* Responsible for supporting the service centers in driving improvements related to fleet quality and reliability
* Through close collaboration with the Service Center Managers, ensure that the technical abilities of the technicians are appropriate, both through training and hiring the right people,
* Responsible for regular technician assessments and recommendations on technician skill levels to support IDP completion, in close collaboration with the Service Center Managers
* Direct accountability for SelecTech development and assignments
* Conduct technical training, provide OJT and mentoring, and act as ECAM expert/EAO, and help to develop/implement other technician qualification programs
* Review service records to identify areas of improvement or further investigation
* Project management and equipment qualification for complex, large, or special event projects
* Maintain customer interaction to gain feedback on quality, performance or service related issues.
* Responsible for inspections as required for both internal and external
* Assist in any service problems/solutions on a regional level
The people you'll work with:
We're Together. In this role, you will have the opportunity to directly contribute to the success of your colleagues and interact with the wider Aggreko team.
Other information you should know:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequent periods are spent sitting and standing in the same location. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be required to move about or lift light objects (typically less than 15 lbs.)
The employee may frequently be exposed to outside weather conditions. The work environment usually has a moderate to loud noise level. You may be asked or required to work after regular business hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
This information should not be construed as the position's exclusive standards. Performing other assigned duties is required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Employees are responsible for knowing and following all company policies and procedures and Federal, State, and Local governmental regulations including Environmental Health and Safety requirements while working and representing Aggreko.
Compensation and Benefits
* Competitive compensation and bonus plan
* Company vehicle
* Profit Sharing
* Stock Purchase Plan
* Company paid - industry leading benefit plan including paid leave, paid holidays and a full insurance offering including medical, dental, life, vision, prescription drug, AD&D, and disability plans.
At Aggreko, we're leading with confidence, bringing advanced rental energy solutions to the world, and providing you with pathways for success. If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please submit your resume today.
Aggreko is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Aggreko is a provider of mobile modular power, temperature control, and energy services.