Job ID: 18002145 Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Full time, Regular Employment
Gemalto is seeking a Technical Service Engineer for the Gemalto Cogent business to provide technical service and maintenance support to customers. The person hired for the position will provide support to Gemalto Cogent customers including installation, configuration and troubleshooting of computer software, hardware and network environments; provide all aspects of operations support, preventive maintenance, remedial maintenance, and provide regular status reporting.
Gemalto Cogent provides high-tech solutions in the field of biometrics including image processing, automated fingerprint, palmprint, facial and iris identification, and systems integration for a worldwide customer base which includes law enforcement, civil government, and commercial customers. This position requires a professional, self-motivated, detail-oriented engineer to provide daily front-line system support to our customers located in Eastern Time zone area. Occasional out of area assignments and travel may be required. This position is contingent upon passing background checks and/or polygraph tests conducted by clients.
A week in the life of a Technical Service Engineer
* Resolving customer reported issues and inquiries, by local travel to customers' sites or remotely via secure networks to customers' systems from residence
* Maintaining customer relations via phone or in person with various customers' users and personnel
* Transporting and delivering hardware systems to customers' sites
* Troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows, UNIX, and Linux operating systems
* Troubleshooting of network environments
* Installation/configuration/troubleshooting/testing of Gemalto Cogent's proprietary applications
* Conducting preventive maintenance
* Participating in 24x7 on-call rotation.
* Providing regular status reporting.
* May include up to 30% travel
Thales Group is a global provider of technology solutions for customers in the aerospace, space, defense and security, and ground transportation markets.