Gemalto is seeking a Technical Service Engineer for the Gemalto Cogent business to provide technical service and maintenance support to customers. The person hired for the position will provide support to Gemalto Cogent customers including installation, configuration and troubleshooting of computer software, hardware and network environments; provide all aspects of operations support, preventive maintenance, remedial maintenance, and provide regular status reporting.
Gemalto Cogent provides high-tech solutions in the field of biometrics including image processing, automated fingerprint, palmprint, facial and iris identification, and systems integration for a worldwide customer base which includes law enforcement, civil government, and commercial customers. This position requires a professional, self-motivated, detail-oriented engineer to provide daily front-line system support to our customers located in Eastern Time zone area. Occasional out of area assignments and travel may be required. This position is contingent upon passing background checks and/or polygraph tests conducted by clients.
A week in the life of a Technical Service Engineer
* Resolving customer reported issues and inquiries, by local travel to customers' sites or remotely via secure networks to customers' systems from residence
* Maintaining customer relations via phone or in person with various customers' users and personnel
* Transporting and delivering hardware systems to customers' sites
* Troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows, UNIX, and Linux operating systems
* Troubleshooting of network environments
* Installation/configuration/troubleshooting/testing of Gemalto Cogent's proprietary applications
* Conducting preventive maintenance
* Participating in 24x7 on-call rotation.
* Providing regular status reporting.
* May include up to 30% travel
To succeed at this job, you must have:
* Bachelor's degree in technical field
* Experience with Windows-based operating systems troubleshooting
* Experience working with Linux and/or Unix Operating Systems
* Be able to pass rigorous background check conducted by law enforcement agencies.
It would be preferred if you have:
* B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
* Experience with biometrics industry technical support
* 5 years of experience providing customer-facing technical support
* 3 years of experience working with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
* TCP/IP network troubleshooting in distributed UNIX and Windows client/server environments
* Additional experience will also be strongly considered in the following areas. (For any areas in which the candidate does not possess knowledge, the candidate will need to learn these areas on the job.):
* LAN/WAN internetworking and protocols
* Windows-based server installation and administration
* UNIX/Linux installation and administration
* RDBMS installation and administration for Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and MySQL
* System and data backups and recovery
* Detail oriented team player that can also work with little supervision
* Be able to work independently with help from in-house engineers and have good time management skills. Service calls must be responded to promptly, diagnosed quickly, and fixed within a short time frame
* Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, other language abilities are a plus
* Have the ability to understand user problems and the ability to explain technical fixes in a clear manner to users. Technical training will be provided.
* Have excellent troubleshooting skills and problem solving resourcefulness
* Be willing and able to learn new technologies and any other technologies as required by company needs readily and quickly
* Have a strong customer support focus
* Be able to occasionally move and lift heavy computer equipment
* To be considered for this position, please visit our career website at (provide job link).
* Apply now before this career opportunity is filled. We look forward to reading your CV!
Employees are required to perform the duties of this position, or any Gemalto position, in compliance with all company policies, procedures, practices, and processes, whether written or verbal, which Gemalto, in its sole discretion, may change periodically, including, but not limited to, those implemented to ensure product, physical plant, information systems and technology security, along withal federal, state and local regulations and public policies. Protect Gemalto assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference. React and help resolve security events or security risks reported by employees. Ensure responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken.
Gemalto is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran's status, or other protected group status. We support and apply this policy through a program of affirmative action. This includes special efforts to employ and advance within our organization, qualified members of protected groups. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please direct your inquiries to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
Gemalto, a digital security company, offers mobile connectivity, payment technology and data protection solutions.