It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of 1 billion. Nearly half of Verizon Media employees are building the code and platforms that help us achieve that. Whether you're looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business-and the world. Want in? As Verizon's media unit, our brands like Yahoo, TechCrunch and HuffPost help people stay informed and entertained, communicate and transact, while creating new ways for advertisers and partners to connect. With technologies like XR, AI, machine-learning, and 5G, we're transforming media for tomorrow, too. We're creators and coders, dreamers and doers creating what's next in content, advertising and technology.
When you impact millions of people every day, you become a large target for adversaries in all layers of the stack. Our job is to keep our users safe and make Verizon Media one of the safest places on the Internet.
We are the information security team at Verizon Media. People call us "The Paranoids".
The Paranoids seek a security engineer who will defend Verizon Media products and drive innovative solutions to global security challenges. The exact tasks will depend on your profile.
* Create application threat models and provide guidance on effective countermeasures
* Contribute to security architecture and assist in building and rolling out processes for secure code development and deployment involving truly cutting edge technology
* Provide subject matter expertise on encryption, security controls, and secure design and programming practices across Verizon Media
* Contribute to security policy, standards, and guidelines related to Information Security
* Evaluate and operationalize new technologies for securing the organization
* Train and work within the Security Champion program to gain additional insight into challenges surrounding security needs
* Provide tier 3 engineering support to remediate critical security bugs
* Share thought leadership in the product and application security space
* 5+ years of hands-on development/engineering work experience, or 3+ years hands-on security work experience
* Ability to engage with teams to review application architectures and recommend secure designs for a fast-paced, engineering-driven environment
* Experience with the complete software development life cycle, from requirements to design, implementation, testing, and release
* Good written and verbal communication skills for conveying security concepts and engineering solutions
* Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
* Knowledge of application security vulnerabilities, platforms, and countermeasures
* Experience with application programming
* Bachelor's degree in CS/EE or related area or equivalent job experience
* Ability to work on multiple projects at a time in a fast paced environment
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please email ApplicantAccommodation@verizonmedia.com or call 408-336-1409. Emails/calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media
Verizon Media (formerly Oath) is a company operating media, technology, and communication brands.