Knoll is a constellation of design-driven brands and people working together with our clients to create inspired modern interiors. Since 1938, we've been thinking about how people interact with their environments and how their environments impact what they do. Our strength in office systems, seating, furniture, textiles, leather and architectural accessories allows us to compose integrated solutions from products and services that naturally work together.
To learn more, visit www.knoll.com
The Technical Resource Specialist is an internal design resource that provides product consultation to Knoll and dealer associates in order to best position Knoll products in the most strategic fashion. This Technical Resource Specialist position is part of Knoll's Government team. It is an integral part of the selling process and distinguishes Knoll by providing superior technical knowledge and design in order to offer the best furniture solution to the problem at hand.
* Work submittal is required for consideration
* Three-to-five years experience in 3-D modeling programs with contract furniture
* Must have above average computer hardware/software proficiency with: VIZ, AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max, CAP or CET Designer, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
* Ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers
* Effective written and oral communication skills
* Demonstrated problem solving skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Assist with mock-ups
* Assist with RFI/RFP process
* Interface with internal departments of the organization (i.e. Custom Product, Manufacturing, Marketing)
* Compiling reports, metrics, project tracking
Providing request for materials/samples for clients
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Custom Product Development - Leads special projects response that best meet specific client concept needs and is the liaison with Knoll Custom Product Development
* Communication - Technical experts for meetings spanning the breadth of pre-install briefings defining the opportunity, technical consultation, optimum product positioning and translation of A + D concepts into product realities
* Pricing - Preliminary, pre-bid and bid submission and as a component of schematic design
* Production - produce CAD drawings, Bill of Materials documents for sales team's need of pricing and product application choices for their customers (Architects and End users). Particularly when there is no assigned dealer with the project yet. This type of support can be from short term to long term. Multiple assignments can happen at the same period of time
* Specification Consulting - Confers with dealer design staff to provide technical product application and 'how to' support. One can be the dedicated consultant for providing support of a particular account. Each associate can be assigned to multiple accounts
* Technical Response - Develops product technical response documents across the Product Portfolio based on specific RFI/RFP
BS/BA degree in design, engineering, electronic arts, or architecture or equivalent experience
We are an Equal Employment opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Knoll is a manufacturer of commercial and residential furniture, accessories and coverings.