What you'll be doing...
As a Technical Project Manager, you will coordinate, execute and deliver the Product Roadmap. You will be interacting extensively with the Product Managers, Operations Team and senior leadership to prioritize and control the delivery objectives for the Engineering team while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the organization. As a Technical Program Manager, you should have a strong leadership, excellent communication, and "hands-on" project management skills, as well as proficiency in motivating and leading others through vision, strategic positioning, and leadership characteristics.
○ Strong Agile and vendor management experience
○ Strong presentation skills using JIRA / PPT / Google slides
○ Coordinate cross-functional teams through meetings and progress measurement activity which bring projects to completion both on time and within budget.
○ Hands on in JIRA for story / Epic / tasks creation
○ Coordination of internal / external technical resources, as well as facilitating the communication with external partners for the purposes of technical resource assignment.
○ Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, budgets, and status reports.
○ Establish release timelines, monitor defect resolution and provide reporting to the leadership team on all tickets.
○ Manage concurrent projects and responsible for timely delivery of quality project outputs while performing appropriate scope management
○ Manage the integration of vendor tasks, and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables
What we're looking for...
Must have an excellent verbal and written communication skills, between both business partners and all levels within the organization.
○ Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, or Technology discipline or 4 years related industry experience in lieu of degree
○ 6+ years relevant work experience with diverse solutions on multiple projects in the technology industry or similar role
○ Comfort with and ability to grasp technical data and communicate to a broad range of technical people
○ Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
Preferred not required:
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.