Technical Project Manager Tier 1
Req #: 213544
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Project and Program Management
Minimum Security Clearance: Secret
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our team in support of our DHS client. CACI is responsible for the continuous (24 hours, 365 days a year) monitoring, analysis, restoration, troubleshooting, escalation, coordination, and reporting of all operational information concerning the client infrastructure.
There is no clearance requirement to begin employment. However, as a requirement of continued employment in this position you will be required to obtain a Secret clearance.
The successful candidate will manage the lifecycle for IT products and services and Tier 1 activities in accordance with project management principles and industry best practices. This position is responsible for the development and documentation of requirements, project plans, project cost analysis, tracking schedules, program and project cost, schedule and technical performance, risk registers, and mitigation strategies.
The project manager will provide timely and detailed visibility into project status and performance, including budget and cost details and managing planning and communications with stakeholders to include engineers, data centers, component representatives, governmental organizations and non-governmental organizations involved with network change requests and projects.
Must have documented experience with Wide Area Networks (WAN):
* with more than 1,000 sites throughout the continental US, OCONUS and international locations.
* which transport voice, data, video and have:
* Planned transition to newer architectures including use of software defined networks, cloud services, advanced monitoring, etc.
* Managed several web-based applications, used by at least 50K customers
* Managed more than 5 enterprise-wide services being transported by the WAN, (which are being operated by other vendors and service providers)
* Facilitated extranet connections to other entities (such as federal, state, local and tribal agencies, as well as non-governmental organizations and private industry).
* which manage more than 50 critical applications, with very critical response times to address real-time technical issues.
* 5+ years of IT technical experience in networks similar in size and complexity
* DOD 8570.01 experience highly desirable
* Hands-on experience delivering enterprise projects and services in accordance with ITIL and CMMI-SVC guidelines
* Technical certifications, (CompTIA Network Plus, Security Plus, and ITIL)
* Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
* Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC)
* Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.