Technical Project Manager - Systems Infrastructure
Req #: 190022962
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
As an experienced professional in Project Execution, you thrive at managing complex technology programs that have far-reaching implications for clients, employees and stakeholders throughout the firm. This role requires a strong grasp of the big-picture - namely, how can technology help achieve business goals - as well as a keen ability to establish priorities, manage resources and budgets, and build and incentivize high-performing teams. You'll work closely with colleagues across the firm to identify opportunities to develop projects and programs that are broadly applicable. Once you and your team establish a roadmap, you'll play an integral role in ensuring that the project is running on time, within budget and in accordance with firm-wide guidelines, including risk and architecture. Just as importantly, you'll work with your team to set goals, foster collaboration and promote the values, culture and brand of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
This opportunity is to join the infrastructure project management team working principally within Program Management Group covering Asset Wealth Management globally.
This role requires a wide range of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Manage Cross-tower projects and programs that are high impact/high value to the organization
* Work with the application development and engineering teams to formalize requirements into measurable deliverables
* Significant experience and working knowledge of technology infrastructure systems and solutions including Networking, SAN, NAS, Backup (NBU/TSM), Windows, Unix (Linux / AIX), LDAP/AD and Virtualization
* Very strong project management skills required, preferably including formal project management training, PMP, PMi, PRINCE 2, SCRUM \ Agile Certification
* Practical large-scale implementation and operations experience supporting and implementing mission critical infrastructure and/or applications
* Coordinate resources (staff, equipment, vendors and consultants) across one or more projects
* Analyze and manage project risks, issues, costs, and benefits and make relevant recommendations to the business and technology leadership team
* Develop processes and tools that encourage continuous performance improvements and adoption of agile
* Ensure projects are completed in accordance with all security, risk, architecture, and other relevant firm-wide guidelines
* Act as a communication channel for ongoing program management status and issues, and setting business expectations
* Interact at high levels with clients and decision-makers both internally and externally.
* Proactively work with other Project Managers to identify and resolve issues that would present a risk to on-time implementation of programs or projects
* Ensure consistent use of firm-wide tools, processes and enterprise PMO best practices
* Coach and mentor less experienced team members, promote effective teamwork and support people management related initiatives
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.