Technical Project Manager-Smart Grid Communications and Controls
Location: Dallas, TX
Duration: 12+ months
* This position is 12+ months in delivering a technical solution for secondary technology operations site and is responsible for meeting with business/technical partners directly, facilitate/lead requirements/WBS gathering sessions (white boarding, brainstorming), plans, coordinates, monitor and drives risks, issues and timelines, managing the full lifecycle including resource allocation, progress tracking and monitoring change control.
* The successful candidate will be able to quickly understand and resolve issues, mitigate risks and dependencies and the ability to drive projects to completion.
* Analyzes business and user needs, documentation of requirements per company standards, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
* Participate in solution option evaluations with IT teams and business partners.
* Responsible for initial planning and estimation of projects and requests.
* Interfaces with PMO on developing a comprehensive project plan and leading business partners in their areas such as training, testing, operational changes/plans, user acceptance testing and deployment to the field (global locations).
* Drives the project team to deliver timeline, critical milestones and overall deliverables of the project.
* Prepare weekly status reports, monthly Operating Committee reports, and Steering Committee reports as necessary
* Perform monthly financial tracking, reporting, reconciliation, and projection activities
* Assist with resource, project, and budget management activities in the Planview tool
* Coordinate meetings, track team action items, develop schedules, and drive project tasks for various Smart Grid efforts
* Manage project scope, timeline, deliverables, budget, goals, and objectives for various work efforts in Smart Grid, primarily in the Advanced Metering System (AMS) capability line
* Assist the Commercial Governance and Procurement teams through the evaluation, selection, and purchase of hardware, software and services for the Smart Grid capability
* Ensure alignment of projects with the IT PMO Tollgate and Agile processes
* Lead requirements gathering, design, and testing efforts associated to various projects within the Smart Grid capability
* Coordinate with and drive vendors (primarily IBM and L+G) on project activities
* Develop dashboards and metrics to enhance Smart Grid reporting from both a project and operational standpoint
* Log and track JIRA tickets, stories, and tasks for the capability; make recommendations for JIRA workflow, tracking, and dashboard features
* Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders.
* Develop full-scale project plans, schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
* Financial tracking documentation (PAFs, accruals, projections in Planview, etc.)
* Dashboards and reports on various AMS, network, telecom, etc. metrics
* Test plans, trackers, and results
* Schedules, status reports, action item / risk trackers, and meeting notes
* Scoping documentation including charters and business cases
* Manage schedule, dependencies, and resource utilization across work plans.
* Monitor and manage expectations, conduct milestone reviews, manage process performance, conduct continuous improvement and causal analysis activities.
* Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project - oversee the implementation of corrective actions and review current mitigation and resolution activities.
* Conduct project close-outs and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
* Strong project delivery skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication skills
* Relevant experience as a Technical Project Manager
* Excellent organizational skills
* Exceptional documentation skills - written and diagrams
* Ability to adapt and excel in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
* Ability to manage changing priorities and make sound business decisions.
* Ability to own and drive issues to resolution, sense of urgency with strong follow-up skills
* Minimum 4+ years' experience in MS Word, MS Excel(Advanced), MS Visio, and MS Project
* Position requires strong collaboration skills and the ability to interact and collaborate with other IT teams
* Experience in multiple Geo Redundant sites
* Experience with technologies for continuous multi-site replication
* Experience with Infrastructure and High Availability
* Familiar with the following technologies: Hardware OS - OEL (Oracle Enterprise Linux, IBM AIX, Sun Solaris, Windows; VM Ware; Storage SANs; Oracle Databases; Network Switches, Palo Alto and Panorama, Cisco ASA Firewall
* MDMS experience is a plus
Our team is fast paced, fun, highly energetic, motivated and hardworking. We expect our candidates to be integrated into our results-driven and solution-oriented culture from the get-go. Our team attains high-quality results on challenging projects; the belief that outcomes are linked to one's effort rather than chance and the tendency to personally set challenging yet realistic goals.
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supportsand encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual
orientation, citizenship, or disability.