1. a tech company changing the way the world reads
2. a membership that gives users access to the world's largest online library of books, audiobooks, sheet music, news, and magazines
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About the role
Scribd is seeking a Agile Technical Project Manager to support our feature development & release management. This is a full-time position based in our San Francisco office.
This role requires having a broad view of development activities across teams and ensuring there is high collaboration. You should be comfortable with a variety of project management methodologies, and flexible in applying a mix of best practices.
* Facilitate daily standups, and sprint retro/planning sessions
* Remove blockers on a given effort or guiding the team to remove blockers
* Assist with communication across all teams, improving transparency, and radiating information
* Support and educate the Product Owners, especially with respect to backlog grooming and user story creation
* Coach teams in Agile practices
* Coach cross-functional teams on how to get the most out of self-organization
* Support release planning and release management
* Provide day-to-day guidance to each of the internal product squads to pursue on time & quality delivery of releases.
* Set and achieve challenging goals and build trust and influence across teams
* You lead by example and have excellent communication, facilitation, conflict resolution, and mentoring skills. You strive for continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
2+ years as a Technical Project/Program ManagerProfessional experience as a Scrum MasterKnowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)Knowledge of other Agile approaches and techniques : XP, Kanban, User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Automated TestingB.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
Experience working for a tech start-up Technical infrastructure management experience Certified Scrum Master or other Agile certifications
Why we work here
* We are located in downtown San Francisco, within walking distance of Caltrain and BART
* Health benefits: 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
* Generous PTO policy plus we close for the last week in December
* 401k matching
* Paid Parental leave
* Monthly wellness budget and fully paid membership to our onsite fitness facility
* Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
* Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
* Apple laptops and any equipment you want to customize your work station
* Free Scribd membership and a yearly reading stipend!
* Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Santa Cruz, bowling, arcades, geocaching, ropes courses, etc.)
In the meantime, check out our office and meet some of the team at https://www.scribd.com/about
Scribd values diversity, and we make all hiring and employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, competence, talent, and contribution, not who you are by choice or circumstance. We value the people who make Scribd a great place to work and strive to create an environment where your work is supported and personhood respected.
Scribd is a digital library, featuring e-book subscription services on iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire and Nook Tablet.