What you'll be doing...
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager who will be responsible for the ongoing support and technical enablement of select applications within the Global Technology Solutions group. The incumbent will be the primary point of contact, and lead a cross-functional team of business and IT groups within Verizon to ensure stakeholder satisfaction and realization of business requirements with technology solutions. You will manage all current and future application and process changes utilizing agile methodologies.
* Manage the design, development and deployment of use cases per business process and requirements documentation.
* Partner across business and wider GTS technical teams and architects to drive project execution.
* Facilitate all project meetings, including business process design and project status meetings.
* Align/schedule resources, and escalate conflicts as required.
* Ensure all documentation is created, such as project plans, timelines, test plans, status reports, workflow processes, etc.
* Provide training via WebEx and CAPA content.
* Define governance framework for a repeatable, standard process.
* Support audit requests as needed.
* Educate, evangelize, and find opportunities for the usage of emerging technologies.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Strong Technical project management experience using agile methodologies.
* Experience in applicable tools (GSuite, Jira/Agile Central, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Knowledge of Architecture/Stack (i.e. CentOS Linux, Apache Tomcat, Oracle , JAVA, SQL, etc.)
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Business analysis experience.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent stakeholder management and negotiation skills.
* Strong knowledge of systems development life cycle.
* Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.