Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Software Technical Project Manager, supporting multiple US Navy programs located Bethesda, MD. Leidos' High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self-starter for a challenging position supporting programs that develop and deliver state of the art training and tactical decision aids software and systems. This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
Job Description :
The successful candidate will report to and coordinate with the Software Engineering Technical Director and contribute to the technical planning, analysis, development, integration, verification, validation, and fielding tasks for a variety of US Naval training systems. Duties include requirements analysis and tracking, functional analysis, timeline analysis, interface definition, system design and development, requirements satisfaction, and quality assurance. Technical management of complex software development tasks, coordination between internal Leidos teams (software, system engineering, testing & integration, program management), third party teams, and customer representatives, and the tracking and coordinating of software development support across projects will also be required. The candidate will develop creative solutions to complex technical issues and problems that will impact multiple trainer projects. These solutions will require knowledge of, and ability to apply, advanced software engineering and computer science principles, concepts, and techniques.
Travel to partner and government sites to support meetings, integration, testing, and installation activities is required. Travel will account for no more than 10% of the job.
Education and Years of Experience:
* BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related technical field and 8+ years of combined technical and management experience required.
Required Experience and Skills:
* Must have both technical and management experience and be able to demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position.
* Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills.
* Must be a flexible, positive and energetic team player, and be able to work in a fast paced environment and be able to adapt to changes in tasking.
* Must be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, plan and prioritize personal and team tasking, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
* Must have taken part in software development activities for a complex project as part of a team. Must be familiar with computer science best practices and tools.
* Must have experience in supporting software development with Atlassian Jira, Confluence and Portfolio agile tools. Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security clearance
* Active Secret Security Clearance
* Previous technical Project Management experience
* Previous Navy (or other DoD) training systems development experience
* Good understanding of the Linux Operating System and multiple high level programming languages (C++, C, Java, Python)
* Familiarity with sonar concepts and systems
* Familiarity with high performance computing, virtualization, containers, and optimization
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.