WHAT WE DO AT GIGSTER AND WHY
Gigster accelerates the delivery of digital transformation applications, giving companies the agility to thrive in a software-defined world. Simply put: we build applications that matter, at startup speed. We're a series B, Andreessen Horowitz backed company on track to hit $50MM in revenue by the end of 2019. Other investors include Redpoint Ventures and Greylock Partners.
Whether from our office in downtown San Francisco, which features stunning views of the Bay, or from remote home offices, our team works together to disrupt systems integrators like Accenture by offering customers fixed-price projects. We employ a unique talent model, powered by a technology platform and a proven development methodology that enables virtual teams to deliver high-impact software applications quickly and consistently.
Gigster's unique business model creates many opportunities for personal and career growth. We partner with several world renowned companies like Google and Dentsu and drive digital transformation for global businesses and brand leaders like Canon, Clorox, GlaxoSmithKline, Harley Davidson, Prudential, and Staples, AND we empower the workforce of the future - top global talent in our Gigster Talent Network. We enable these talented individuals to work on projects that matter and that matter to them (at competitive rates and with ultimate flexibility and independence) and to belong and thrive in the Gig Economy regardless of where they call home.
We are intentional about a diverse and inclusive culture. We care about being "whole humans" and about bringing all of ourselves to work - humans first, professionals second.
Like most fast-growing start-ups in the tech industry, we have a constantly changing environment. We value passionate and resourceful team members with a growth mindset who enjoy working collaboratively to solve hard problems.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Technical Project Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the ongoing success of our development projects that transition from their initial launch to maintenance and live application support.
To do this you will forge relationships with both our client's technical stakeholders and develop a deep technical understanding of their products. You will work with our network of product managers and engineers to ensure that live applications are supported via best-in-class software development practices. As a member of the Product Operations team you will also work cross functionally to translate learnings and best practices from your projects so that they are rolled out as part of Gigster's standard delivery process
We're looking for exceptionally motivated individuals who want to empower the delivery of projects at Gigster. The ideal candidate is able to build relationships, is able to apply past learnings and expertise to new projects, has excellent collaboration and communication skills, and is able to learn new technologies quickly.
* Be the primary interface between Gigster teams and Client stakeholders (both technical and business facing) for the delivery of live application support
* Manage workflows and processes related to incident response and resolution, including coordinating of teams on-call schedule and support availability
* Oversee gig project managers to ensure best practices of sprint planning and backlog management of bugs, feature enhancements, and other outstanding development tasks
* Standardize our software delivery process by taking theoretical best-in-class practices, tools, and technologies and operationalizing those into a repeatable and scalable processes across multiple projects
* Work closely with our delivery teams to ensure our applications are ready for an on-time and seamless initial launch into production environments
* Work cross-functionally with the Delivery, Sales, and Marketing teams to understand both delivery capabilities and client requirements so that you improve the clarity and specificity with which Gigster packages our processes into client facing offerings
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, Information Technology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* 5+ years experience working with a sustained engineering organization as a program manager or technical project manager
* 2+ years of experience either in an engagement management capacity within a professional services organization or with a role in Quality Assurance, Network Operations, or an application or managed service's escalated support tier
* Experience managing teams and customizing processes with Atlassian's Jira and Confluence
* Knowledge of software development life cycle, technical change management, and devops processes
* Team player with ability to work and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams across delivering, engineering, operations, and sales
* Ability to navigate, escalate, and lead efforts on complex customer requests
You should not have to spend any time worrying about whether you are paid more than fairly for what you contribute to our team (and to the world!). We offer competitive cash and equity compensation. We frequently review whether our compensation is competitive to market and to ensure internal parity and we make thoughtful and discretionary adjustments accordingly and during frequently scheduled reviews and cycles.
CURRENT BENEFITS & PERKS
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer:
* Competitive health, dental, and vision coverage
* Wellness and fitness stipend(s)
* Flexible time off - work hard, but take time away when you need it for moments that matter in your life that require you to disconnect from work
* 401K Plan - invest in your future
* Commuter Contributions - we all rely on different ways to commute…
* Shared experiences and meaningful offsites vs. meaningless perks
* At HQ:
* Healthy drinks and snacks for whenever you need sustenance
* Catered meals daily
* Life-changing work you'll want to brag about - solving real, challenging problems in partnership with exceptional and unique colleagues
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
We are excited to work with and welcome applications from anyone who shares our values and who are qualified for the role that they apply for regardless of: race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, familial pedigree, education, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Gigster is a company that provides on-demand software development and design services for building applications and websites.