TECHS ON THE BEACH
On April 14, 1981, in Honolulu, Hawaii, William "Bill" Melton incorporated his new tech company. The original intention was to provide a recourse for retailers who'd been swindled by people handing out bad checks. Bill's product was a kind of verification device using phone lines-a verification phone.
But then a pivot. The credit card industry was relatively new at the time and processing was still being done with carbon paper. Bill saw a way to reduce costs for companies like Visa and MasterCard, while capitalizing on this new technology. Instead of verifying checks, we would provide local businesses a means to electronically process credit card payments. And thus, the Verifone payment device was born.
Now, Verifone is one of the world's largest POS terminal vendors and a leading provider of payment and commerce solutions. We operate in more than 150 countries and employ nearly 6,000 people globally. Our steady growth has come organically, through a dedication to innovation and strategic partnerships, as well as from savvy acquisitions.
Your Position Summary - Technical Project Manager:
We are looking for a dynamic, customer focused PM to join our growing Payment Application project
You will have an opportunity to lead cross-functional teams that are passionate about the delivery of our products and computer-based system from design to release for our customers. Our PM's develop, define and execute project plans, ensure schedules, budgets and deliverables are aligned and achievable.
You will identity the need for key project resources while defining and assigning project roles. Ability to closely monitor the product/program/project from initiation through delivery, collaborating with external customers or field-based employees on technical matters.
We need a leader who can provide technical support and direction to the team. You will be comfortable working in a matrix type organization, where the position does not have true responsibility over product development but does have overall product/program/project management responsibility, i.e. coordinating efforts leading to product release. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Solid experience in the end user experience and working to delight our customers.
A understanding of Change Management principles and system usage adoption is incredibly critical to the success of all of our projects.
PROJECT MANAGER'S ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: - Accountability for the entire project cycle including, supporting and guiding the cross-functional team management of Software Development, Quality Assurance and Business Analysts to the highest-level of project performance and deliverables.
* You will function as the primary customer contact during project implementation and manage issues in an efficient manner.
* You will handle multiple high visibility project teams across various phases of project lifecycle with the ability to lead, coach and present project status.
* You can translate and convey and influence both with written and verbal presentation skills.
* Experience with an offshore development and quality assurance team is a great addition to our requirements.
* SDLC experience
* You deliver projects on time, within scope with high quality
* You excel at the development and execution of project plans and all related tasks
* You are able to appropriately run project resources and engagement
* You will participate in status meetings and reporting (tracking timeline, cost, scope)
* Handle issue and critical issue management towards resolution
* Formal risk assessments (internal and external) and mitigations
* Deep understanding of people change management
* Led pilot installations and overall system rollout
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE: - Bachelor's of computer science, engineering or similar field.
* International and global mindset
* Technology implementation experience
* Point-of-Sale (POS) experience a plus
* PMP certification preferred but not required
* You have 3+ years of a wide-range of project management experience
* Excellent verbal communication
* Excellent customer facing experience
* Prior SW development experience is a must
* Hands-on experience with developing and reporting on metrics for software development, test execution, bugs, issues, risks, and other aspects successful project management
VeriFone is an equal opportunity employer.