We are seeking a highly motivated Technical Project Manager to join our growing platform engineering team at Qualys. In your role, you'll be working with some of the brightest minds in technology helping create and operationalize large petabyte scale data platforms supporting our 12,000+ customers hosted across various data centers and public clouds.
In addition to your thought leadership and creativity, you will work closely with Software Engineers, Product Managers, SRE/DBRE, Sales, Operations, and Global Customer Support to ensure new platform offerings are robust, and the experience for our internal and external customers and partners is seamless. Having a software engineering background with focus on delivery is critical for success in this challenging and rewarding role.
We are looking for someone with solid project management and organization skills complemented by a strong technical background. You will work with a team of senior level managers and highly technical engineers to lead complex data projects. The role will collaborate with multiple engineering and business organizations, internal and external customers, understand and align with their needs, and take independent end-to-end responsibility for release of new data platform capabilities to production.
* Engage and coordinate with a diverse set of teams, both internal and external, on a daily basis
* Plan milestones and execute complex and often long-term technical projects
* Manage and lead our agile teams to coordinate, prioritize and deliver initiatives
* Work closely with the technology teams, product managers and other stakeholders to get high-quality projects through the software project lifecycle (design, implement, build, test and release on time)
* Assist with any project rollout or deliverables
* Triage JIRA issues and follow through until completion
* 5+ years of technical project management in addition to a background in software development, quality assurance, or another technical related endeavor
* Strong leadership skills; able to successfully influence without authority
* History of fostering strong cross-functional relationships between engineering, product, and business stakeholders
* Ability to contribute to high level architectural discussions and drive complex problems to closure
* Good working knowledge of infrastructure and software development, and conceptual familiarity with new technologies such as AWS, Google Cloud, microservices, NoSQL, etc.
* Strong communication skills and a direct style
* Ability to multitask and prioritize complicated projects
* Ability to garner strong working relationships across multiple teams is a must
* Strong curiosity to all things and a desire to problem solve
* Administration level skill set in Atlassian Cloud (Jira & Confluence)
* Experience in release management utilizing Git or other common version control tools
* Ability to adapt to a fast growing and continually changing environment