Two Sigma Investments
Technical Project Manager, Contractor Role (6-12 months)
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world's most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are seeking an experienced project manager for the Security team at Two Sigma. The Security team is responsible for the design and implementation of security software and services that include, but are not limited to, authentication and authorization, auditing. The platforms owned by this team support the day-to-day operations of the entire company as well as several niche use cases. The project manager will be an advocate of common workflows, driving the development cadence and prioritization of projects in the organizational strategic plan as well as documentation and organization of unplanned work.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
* Work closely with product and program management in the development of roadmaps for products in the Security area to the rest of the company
* Determine the scope of projects including development of milestones and adherence to the full project lifecycle
* Build and manage project backlogs
* Drive planning, implementation and execution in an agile fashion including running Agile Scrums
* Contribute to and advocate adherence to project management best practices
* Work as a contractor for 6-12 months
You should possess the following qualifications:
* BA/BS degree preferably in engineering or computer science
* Professional work experience as a project manager, preferably on large technical projects
* Strong communication, organization, and time-management skills
* Ability to work closely with stakeholders including end-users and multiple engineering disciplines in a collaborative, no-ego approach
* Ability to work independently, take ownership of initiatives and be accountable for success
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Two Sigma Investments
Two Sigma Investments is a hedge fund that utilizes machine learning, distributed computing, and other technologies to improve investment strategies.