The Technical Project Manager (TPM) leads the team of Engineers thru the project life cycle to Design, Build and Deliver infrastructure or middleware components on an agreed upon time line. The Project manager provides oversight of task delivery for various components of infrastructure service solutions / delivery including network connectivity, midrange server build, virtual server build, storage, performance / capacity planning, and monitoring of infrastructure health. The TPM will coordinate with key delivery teams responsible for Test Environments Management, Production Release Management, Performance testing and Capacity Management plus other teams to deliver Pre Prod and Production infrastructure in the environments.
* 5 years plus experience in project management.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Work, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Experience with Microsoft Project / Project Plan creation and management.
* Enjoys working with multiple Engineering teams to deliver infrastructure / hardware solutions for our Software Technology partners.
* Detail Oriented, Keeps the project team focused and on task.
* Must be able to build MS project plans based on resource input for task, sequence and duration.
* Must be able to work with Engineers to purchase, build, and certify hardware and network connections, submit Firewall changes, update SOR for servers, changes.
* Must be able to build a project team, and identify the team members, their roles, and understand the delivery task for each team member.
Experience with application management and/or development
Works closely with Design Team Lead to define project requirements and impacted engineering teams.
* Engages Engineering resources onto the project / builds the project team.
* Creates and Manages project schedule / work break down structure, tasks and Milestones delivery list.
* Host Weekly project team meetings to review and execute plans.
* Identifies and documents schedule risk and creates mitigation plans.
* Identifies and documents schedule or resource issues, or watch items.
* Generates weekly status reports covering project progress.
* Completes required documentation or system work request needed for planning and procurement for infrastructure products and services.
* Demonstrates an understanding of customer's tactical goals and effectively participates in the development and implementation of business solutions.
* Manages project risk through comprehensive mitigation assessment and planning techniques. Actively manages the work efforts of multiple functional resources through the project plan.
* Establishes basic scope control procedures.
* Develops documentation; monitors and reports project status; assesses the effectiveness and accuracy of documentation.
* Initiates and maintains reporting relationships with project stakeholders including team members, peers, managers, customers, vendors, and other affected departments to coordinate efforts across multiple business units and ensure continuous efficient management of projects; gathers input and feedback.
* Analyzes and reports project status and research information; monitors project performance to maintain the quality of services, deliverables, and content.
* Effectively assists in directing both internal and external resources to achieve business solutions within project guidelines.
* Collaborates and communicates with other project managers and leaders to coordinate cross-project initiatives and activities.
* Identify and eliminate obstacles to solution plans, business goals or implementation.
* Weekly Project Status reporting: Accomplishments, Upcoming 30 day deliverables, Current Issues & Mitigation plans. Risk to project schedule, funding.
Posting Date: 06/11/2019
Location: Charlotte, NC, Gateway Center, 901 W Trade St, Richardson, TX, BUILDING C, 2380 PERFORMANCE DR, - United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift