There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
We're looking for Technical Project Manager to work on Web applications that will be used by tens of millions of American Express cardholders around the world. We want someone with strong people skills, technical background, and creativity. You'll be part of the Web Engineering team whose mandate is to develop new products and platforms for American Express customers. Web Engineering team's seek is to build interactive experiences at all touch points of a consumer's journey whether before, at, or after the time of purchase. You will be working in a fast-paced environment with the stability of working for a Fortune 100 company. In this role, you will be working with product owners, engineering managers and group of engineers to deliver mobile products. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies
* Drive the development and delivery of technical products and solutions for our customers.
* Coordinate with product, business, technical, and other partners to prioritize, plan, and execute development schedules in-line with product development initiatives and regulatory needs.
* Use technical acumen to provide design alternatives and support team in technical issue resolution.
* Identify and track team velocity, financials, and other critical metrics in relation to the project/program and its plan
* Provide transparency into gaps, issues, risks and opportunities across scrum teams, tackle impediments
* Drive program, release level and enterprise improvement and standardization activities using SAFe as the primary framework
* Provide in-house, informal agile mentoring to our product and business teams (optional)
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
* 2 year of experience with algorithms, data structures, design patterns, HTML, Java, object-oriented design and coding across a variety of platforms.
* 3 years of progressively responsible experience with technical delivery and IT project management using Agile Methodology.
* Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and to spec.
* Proven ability to deliver complex software features iteratively and expertly
* Strong understanding of SAFe or iterative development processes, including quality and testing practices
* Possess a high degree of technical savvy, with a keen ability to learn new technology quickly and easily
* Adaptive communication
* Collaboration & teamwork
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
About American Express
American Express is a globally integrated payments company.