Technical Project Manager
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Those who successfully lead others to meet our objectives are vital to our organization. Leadership at Trimble is much more than simply exercising assigned authority; we expect our leaders to embrace a mission-focused leadership style, by continually adapting to circumstances while not losing sight of the end goal; demonstrating the strength of character, intellect and the ability to convert ideas to reality.
Lead cross-functional engineering teams to ensure projects or features are completed successfully. Develop technical project plans and oversee the execution of those plans, report on the project status, identify and help solve technical, process and admin issues, manage the project scope and change management process. Responsible for driving activities throughout the entire development life-cycle.
Measures of Success:
* Act as liaison between engineering teams and all other project participants including customers and contractors
* Create project plans, estimating, milestones and cost/budget
* Understand and communicate high-level technical designs
* Drive the teams to execute on-time
* Identify risks and develop contingency plans
* Review status reports prepared by project personnel and adjust schedules as required
* Monitor project effectiveness; effect changes required for improvement
* Communicate clearly and regularly with management regarding the status of current projects
Skills & Experience Required:
* Exposure to the agriculture, construction, robotics, automotive or aeronautical industries
* Bachelor degree in engineering, computer science or similar technical degree
* 3+ years working in software development, either as a technical project manager, software developer or system engineer
* General understanding of programming languages, frameworks, and operating systems
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability and willingness to learn, understand and explain complex technical patterns and designs
Preferred / Nice-to-Have Skills
* Experience with Precision Agriculture or Machine control
* Understanding of GNSS (GPS / GLONASS)
* Experience with embedded or mobile Android, Java, C++, Qt or Linux.
* Understanding of the Agile Software Development process
* Experience in customer relations
* Passion for the latest / greatest technology
* Strong English communication skills
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D