Vroom.com is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
We are looking for an A player, Technical Project Manager to help plan and facilitate agile development, resource allocation, tracking and reporting on development team progress, to ensure that agile processes are being followed correctly and are effective. We're looking for someone who has worked in smaller, tech-focused companies, who can think outside the box, and has experience handling multiple projects at a time.
What You'll Accomplish
* Organize and facilitate sprint ceremonies for assigned teams including backlog grooming, planning, stand-ups, reviews and retrospectives while providing direction and advice on practices and standards adopted in the project
* Assist the Product Owners with backlog creation, refinement and prioritization while optimizing the flow of work for assigned teams
* Ability to learn about the projects you are helping to guide in order to foster meaningful discussions and question assumptions
* Collaborate closely with our product management, software development, design, and quality assurance teams to coordinate sprint activities
* Work with those teams plus management to evolve and improve our agile process
* Surface project tracking metrics for technology managers and our peers on the business side
* Earn trust through regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control
Skills / Requirements
* 5+ years of Project Management experience related to technology projects
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
* PMP or Agile/Scrum certification required
* Advanced knowledge of Agile development methodologies with technical proficiency required to participate in sprint planning
* Clear understanding and emphasis on customer-centered usability and design
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we're looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you'd be a great addition to the team.