Technical Project Manager
Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The IT PMO Department has an opening for a Technical Project Manager. This position is located in Pleasanton, California on-site in our Canyon Way Campus.
The Albertsons-Safeway's Global IT PMO Department is looking for a seasoned Project Manager who is experienced in industry standard Project Management Methodologies (Waterfall and Agile) and has in-depth, hands-on experience and success in delivering large scale, highly integrated, enterprise wide projects.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Agile SDLC
* Responsible for leading a distributed (local & offshore) Scrum team in planning and execution of strategic projects using Scrum Agile methodology, structure and supporting metrics
* Adoption and coaching for the team in existing Agile Scrum Methodology best practices, including the proficient use of industry standard tools, technologies, and methodologies.
* Work closely with Product or Project teams, stakeholders, technical and project leads to establish goals, overall solution, high level project sizing and oversight for technical execution
* Responsible for maintaining and presenting Scrum team and Program level metrics to peers and Management.
* Responsible for creating and enhancing the Release level program structure within which own and other Scrum teams build, test and release to production
* Waterfall SDLC
* Responsible for leading a distributed (local & offshore) Waterfall Project team in planning and execution of strategic projects using Waterfall methodology, structure and supporting metrics
* Adoption and coaching for the team in existing Waterfall Methodology best practices, including the proficient use of industry standard tools, technologies, and methodologies.
* Work closely with Project team, stakeholders, technical and project leads to establish goals, overall solution, high level project sizing and oversight for technical execution
* Responsible for maintaining and presenting Project level metrics to peers and Management
* Ability to lead project level planning, budget estimation and tracking, resource planning and assessment, invoice review, financial planning and risk assessment.
* Well-organized, detail oriented, has great communication skills and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
* Ensuring that applicable regulatory directives are complied with e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley, current privacy legislation, etc.
* Flexibility and ability to work collaboratively within a matrix, 'virtual' environment.
* Partner within location-based Project Manager Coaches and Resource Manager Coaches, Reports Developers & Platform Administrators within PMO for continuous Process and Tool improvements
* Worked in Fortune 500 companies or Global companies delivering large scale projects / programs with a track record of delivery success
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or relational functional field and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience
* 5+ years of Project Management experience, preferably, with Retail or Technical Project Management background
* 3+ years of Waterfall Project Management experience including related tools such as MS Project Online, Office 365, MS Power BI
* 3+ years of Agile Scrum Project management experience, including related tools such as JIRA & Confluence
* 3+ years of experience with a track record of delivering large scale Projects and meeting standard KPIs (Scope, Schedule, Cost, Benefits and Resources)
* Project Management Institute (PMI) or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
* Certified Scrum Master (SCM), PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) or Certified Disciplined Agilist (CDA) Certification
* Effective Communication and People skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong expectation management, influencing and conflict resolution skills
* Strong ability to collaborate across various groups, build relationships and manage effectively in a matrix organization
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Safeway is a company operating a supermarket chain.