Technical Project Manager 2- Omni-Channel Foundations
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1084802
Job Type: Full-Time
Date Updated: Jun 26, 2019
Technical Project Manager 2 - Omni-Channel Foundations, Retail Item
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
The Technical Project Manager 2 will report to the Senior Manager of Omni-Channel Foundations, Retail Item portfolio and will be part of the team that is responsible for all project management deliverables for the group. We are looking for a Project Manager 2 to lead project delivery efforts for our RMS Item Technology portfolio. This role will work with IT leadership (directors), project managers, development leads, and Business Leads. If you thrive in working with multiple teams, with an ability to influence business and technical leaders in a fast-paced environment, have strong problem solving skills, and excellent communication skills we want to talk to you.
* Drive the portfolio ownership and management with application/technology health check, licensing & maintenance, budgeting and forecasting, portfolio metrics, change management, security & compliance and partnership with shared services to achieve the business objectives and goals.
* Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
* Manage Project-level planning to track milestones and deliverables impacting multiple projects, releases, tracks and dependencies.
* Develop and implement project management processes and metrics.
* Support weekly Program Status Report generation (accomplishments, in progress, risks, issues, metrics) and Monthly Steering Committee communication.
* Facilitate weekly / monthly manager / leadership meetings.
* Manage Project level Risk and Issue Management process.
* Support project controls and communications. Own and Manage execution to ensure on time and on budget project/program delivery. Manage the Financials of programs and projects including Budget, Forecast, and Actual tracking.
* Work closely with the functional managers (both onsite and offshore) to ensure PMO processes are aligned with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
* Facilitate work across multiple partner teams within IT, business teams and external vendors to drive towards delivery timelines and remove roadblocks for the team.
* Lead and coach other junior project managers on the team and provide coaching and guidance to contractor's project managers.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
* Lead project teams for the implementation of new capabilities for our RMS Item technology portfolio through close coordination with the business teams
* Hands-on experience managing various software development methodologies and principles (Waterfall, Agile, Iterative) required.
* Prior experience in managing projects of varying complexity within the Retail industry with a high preference towards Merchandising or Item Management domains.
* Experience managing release cycles or programs involving multiple projects managers and cross-functional development/testing teams.
* Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects and be highly detail oriented.
* Program/Project Management experience in software development required. Previous experience managing programs in Oracle Retail environment would be of high-value but not required.
* Excellent ability to communicate (written and verbal) with multiple levels of leadership as well as cross-functional business and technical teams.
* Advanced proficiency with tools such as JIRA, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel.
* Creative problem solving, organization, attention to detail, flexibility and adaptability are crucial to the success of this role.
* Previous experience as a Scrum Master would be of high value.
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It's a place that's meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what's new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Technical Project Manager 2- Omni-Channel Foundations
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1084802
J.C. Penney Company Inc.