Technical Project Manager
About Swiss Re
Become a part of a growing and dynamic entrepreneurial team within the established Swiss Re Group. iptiQ is a start-up unit, established to provide innovative protection solutions directly to consumers.Our team delivers the coordination, infrastructure and competences that are key to driving forward this new business; working closely with our partners and clients.Our mission is to reduce the protection gap by simplifying life insurance and making it more accessible to people.Our motto is "now life is easier for everyone". For us this means making life insurance easier to sell, to buy and to trust.
About the role
Are you someone who believes that speed is extremely important to maintain market parity? Do you continuously look for ways to be better every day? Are you motivated by the passion to deliver innovative and leading edge solutions that will be the market differentiator for the business?
As a Technical Project Manager for iptiQ Americas, you will be managing technology initiatives using leading edge data, cloud and integration technologies. You will manage variety of projects, lead some of the key initiatives, manage vendor relationship, select technology solutions, and drive project deliveries. You will help with process improvement, vendor management and team building. You will work closely with key business and system partners across iptiQ, Life Capital and Swiss Re organization. You will be working with some of the brightest and smartest people who are set to change the insurance industry. You will talk the developer language and can easily get into a discussion with the architects on the architectural design and solution frameworks.
The ideal person will be someone who can work strategically on 1-3 years technology needs to support aggressive business growth while delivering tactically to meet immediate needs. This person will partner with the architects and development leaders within the organization to drive vendor outputs, and manage complex relationships in a matrix organization. This person will have a good understanding of technologies and have proven him/herself in driving big data, data analytics, cloud infrastructure and integration platform initiatives.
About the team
We are a fast growing unit, established to deliver innovative protection solutions sold directly to consumers through a wide distribution channels. Our team delivers the coordination, infrastructure and competencies that are key to driving forward this new business, working closely with our partners and clients.
Our mission is to reduce the protection gap by simplifying life insurance and making it more accessible to people. Our motto is to "provide protection solutions as they should be". This means delivering solutions consumers feel good about buying and we feel good about selling.
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees and customer experience. Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best in white label insurance products in the world.
* Must have minimum of 6 years' developing or managing IT projects in a fast pace environment in a matrix organization
* Must have 3+ years of project/program/delivery management experience with 1+ years using Agile/Scrum.
* Have direct experience working on programs that are focused on Data technologies, Cloud infrastructure (MS Azure or AWS), Platform and Integration technologies.
* Knowledge around Information and Data Security, Compliance, Platform scalability, and Organization productivity tools.
* Demonstrated ability to manage projects from start to finish with deep technical knowledge
* Strong program management experience with proven success in managing vendors, drive cost efficiencies, innovate solutions, deliver frequent successes in a high speed, and result oriented culture.
* Solid understanding of key program and project management and communications tools, such as Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Math
* Professional certification like PMP, ITIL, Agile, Scrum etc.
* Budget planning, strategy and roadmap, mentoring, coaching and team building.
* Experience working in insurance or life insurance space is a strong plus
* Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical issues
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
* Strong negotiation, influencing and problem solving skills
* Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities
Ability to travel as needed