What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you're a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior level
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon IIS is seeking a Technical Project Lead willing to work in a fast paced environment to assist program and team members to develop, enhance and facilitate policies, processes, procedures and techniques with the goal of successfully transitioning new capabilities from the design and development stages to a production environment for a high profile customer. Will help identify best practices, for repeating and standardizing workflows and providing guidance on how to best approach new technology integration. Strong analytical and project management skills are required. The candidate must be able to engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously throughout the organization. Will be involved in recording and evaluating requirements, tracking multiple teams' progress through a succession of agile methodologies. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network. Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
Must be a US Citizen with a current Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility. Must be able to obtain DHS suitability prior to starting employment.
* Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative, fast paced environment with a willingness to assist and support the team with evolving requirements and objectives
* Coordinate project schedules, including participation in meetings, documentation and distribution of minutes and action items, and tracking action items for successful completion
* Create and maintain reporting from enterprise requirements management tool
* Performs and assists with integration planning, and interface with other functional areas ensuring technical solutions and schedules are implemented in an efficient manner ensuring successful transition of capabilities to production systems
* Collaborate with the cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams and partners with the respective project/program leadership and sponsorship to develop project roadmaps and plans to deliver as scheduled.
* Assess existing business processes and provide recommendations for improvement actions
* Research, test, and evaluate new technology and insertion; document implementation and sustainment; and present results of the evaluation.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to directly interface with high-level executives to understand business processes.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Project, PowerPoint and other MS Office tools
* Ability to facilitate meetings
Job Type: Full-time
* Familiarity with both Windows-based and Linux-based system
* PMP Certification
* Client-facing communication skills
* Experience with process improvement
* Ability to support shift work as required
Required Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline with 4 or more years of related experience.
* Professional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
DOMinoIIS 142003BR 142003
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Top Secret - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Arlington
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.