Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
VISA Digital & Developer Product Development (VDDP) develops, delivers, and manages end-to-end technology products to promote the growth of digital commerce and mobilization of payments in emerging and developed markets. The innovation center development team within VDDP develops rapid prototypes and runs customer pilots to showcase state of the art and next generation payment technologies.
We are currently looking for a Program Manager who can work with the innovation center technology team. Successful candidates will be highly adaptable, possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and effectively manage multiple work streams. The ideal candidate for this position will have more than two years of technical project analyst experience working in an agile development environment.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
As a program manager, you will be an individual with following skills and experience:
* Technical project/release management with hands-on continuous experience for at least the past 5 years,
* Worked with software engineers (development, test, and operations), operations, security, and business personnelDefining/structuring new programs and projects to ensure clear objectives, clear stakeholder roles
* Brings together business administration expertise and a background in information technology
* Exercises self-management and independent judgment with little or no direction from supervisor.
* Results driven and ability to "get things done."
* Strong, clear articulated verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills
* Ability to solve problems by clearly defining them, identifying alternatives, and conducting effective analysis and decision-making
* Confers with others to come to terms with them or to reach an agreement
* Technical acumen to capture, communicate and drive issues/blockers/risks to resolution
* Proactive, vocal, exhibiting sense of urgency, and with ability to effectively support multiple initiatives simultaneously
* Experienced in Waterfall and Agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies (Preferred)
* Experience with Project Management and Agile software such as JIRA and Clarity (Preferred)
* Establishing and managing collaborative SharePoint sites (Preferred)
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your role will include driving greater alignment between the product roadmap delivery dates and development using Agile practices. In this role, you will be responsible for:
* Creating and maintaining project management schedules.
* Understanding the main project components, high level business case and end deliverables
* Coordinating and working with the engineering leads to define tasks and milestones for projects, schedules and tracking progress.
* Communicating progress to internal leadership against milestones and ensuring that the resources are adequately allocated to high priority items.
* Maintaining and tracking lists of issues, action items, and risks.
* Preparing on their own or with solicited input from others, project status for executive management.
* Tracking the open security issues and working with the engineering teams to ensure that all security concerns are addresses and closed as per the guidelines.
* Scheduling, coordinating, conducting, and writing meetings minutes.
* Maintaining information in tools and knowledge of JIRA, Sharepoint etc..
* Publishing status reports on various projects for senior leadership team.
* Work with the Engineering dev leads to agree upon resource allocation and delivery dates
* Be proactive, vocal, exhibiting sense of urgency, and with ability to effectively support multiple initiatives simultaneously.
* Bachelor degree in a technical field, such as Business Information Technology or Management in Information Systems or Computer Science or Computer Engineering (Preferred)
* MBA or other related advanced degree (Preferred)
* Certifications (at least one Preferred): PMP, CSM
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.